Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-22-2009, 10:48 AM   #1
nickredding
onlinenewsreader.net
nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, IPad3, iPhone4, Playbook, HTC Inspire
BasicNewsRecipe tag handling

I'm trying to enhance the Globe and Mail news recipe to omit a lot of link fluff at the end of each article. I'm not getting the results I expect from remove_tags, remove_tags_after, remove_tags_before and keep_only_tags. I suspect it has something to do with semantics and processing order. For example, does remove_tags_after mean every tag after the tag specified that is a sibling, or every tag in the current url? When is keep_only_tags processed and how does it interact with remove_tags (e.g. if I keep tag X which includes tag Y specified in remove_tags, will Y be removed, and conversely if I remove tag Y which contains tag X to be kept, what is the result).

I've been looking at the code but tracing this back is turning into an arduous task. Can anyone enlighten me?
nickredding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:07 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
keep_oonly_tags if applied first. It means keep every matched tag and allits descendants. remove_tags_after means remove all sibling tags that occur after matched tags in document order. reove_tags means remove matched tags and their descendants.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2009, 12:37 PM   #3
nickredding
onlinenewsreader.net
nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, IPad3, iPhone4, Playbook, HTC Inspire
Thanks for the reply. Perhaps it's a bug, but as an example the standard Globe and Mail recipe has remove_tags = [ {'id':[ ... 'header' ...]} ...] but <div id="header" ...> content is still included.
nickredding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:19 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Strange, probably is a bug.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote