Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-04-2007, 04:27 PM   #1
tehashi
tehashi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Ebook Reader PRS-500
Problems with formating in LRF with Book Designer

Hey, i just got Book Designer yesterday, read/worked through the tutorials yet i can't seem to get my .lrf book to come out right.

I have '***' centered with a blank line above and below it to mark separation between parts and when i created the lrf it removed all that formatting.
Also removed were my page breaks that started new chapters.
Is there any way to leave in the formatting i did?

Thanks for any help.

P.S. - Is there a way to create a table of contents that is clickable to go to diff chapters like the ones in Connect store books?
tehashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 05:07 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehashi View Post
Hey, i just got Book Designer yesterday, read/worked through the tutorials yet i can't seem to get my .lrf book to come out right.

I have '***' centered with a blank line above and below it to mark separation between parts and when i created the lrf it removed all that formatting.
Also removed were my page breaks that started new chapters.
Is there any way to leave in the formatting i did?

Thanks for any help.

P.S. - Is there a way to create a table of contents that is clickable to go to diff chapters like the ones in Connect store books?
I assume the chapters have some type of title, such as chapter, etc? Highlight the title, right-click, and give it the attribute of title. This will add a page break immediately before it.

You can add a TOC in BookDesigner. It's in the insert menu. Before you do it, be sure to position the cursor at the beginning of the book, otherwise the TOC will be inserted wherever the cursor happens to be. Use the (all) option, and then delete the ones you don't want.

I don't know how to make it bold, but if you give the "***" the attribute of subtitle, it will be centered on the line.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2007, 05:25 PM   #3
tehashi

Heh, thanks. Got it working. Your help and the wiki i found helped. Still aint got the TOC to work though...eventhough i turned it on.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:32 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Heh, thanks. Got it working. Your help and the wiki i found helped. Still aint got the TOC to work though...eventhough i turned it on.
There are two ways to do the TOC. One is when you generate the LRF file. The other is while you are still editing the text before you generate the output.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:42 PM   #5
tehashi

Arrgg!!! Ok now i got the TOC put in, before book creation, and the other problems fixed. Yet now BD freezes whenever i try and create a book! I don't get the 'failed' error message like other people on the forums have it just freezes and shows up as 'not responding'.

I figured i would try another version or something but i am not sure how to go about that. And just fyi, i am on XP pro and i think i have the latest BD version.
Advert
Old 08-04-2007, 08:07 PM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Arrgg!!! Ok now i got the TOC put in, before book creation, and the other problems fixed. Yet now BD freezes whenever i try and create a book! I don't get the 'failed' error message like other people on the forums have it just freezes and shows up as 'not responding'.

I figured i would try another version or something but i am not sure how to go about that. And just fyi, i am on XP pro and i think i have the latest BD version.
Go through all the usual troubleshooting steps to try to get something working in WinXP.

BD is kinda buggy, but shouldn't be doing that.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:31 PM   #7
vvv
Zealot
vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad, Librie, REB1100, GEB2150, GEB1150, etc
Quote:
In BD format there is a special element allowing to insert a non-removal black line: Insert -> empty paragraph (Ctrl+E). To be sure that your manually-entered blank lines will not be removed during the lrf creation, use this element instead of Enter.
vvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:34 AM   #8
tehashi

Uh...i never had black lines inserted. I used three asterix's "***" as a divider. I found that putting them as a subtitle like was suggested works like i needed.

I actually got it all working. Thank You for the help offered though.