Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-23-2007, 12:05 PM   #1
Dalapin
Sonywbie
Dalapin began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500 & T3
Wink PRS-500/Palm integrated device

As I was doing this, I realized I would have to post about it.

Last night, I was getting ready for bed, and reading my prs-500, when my wife asked me to sit in the baby room for a bit. My little girl can be comforted by being able to see one of us in her room as she falls asleep.

So, I took my reader into the room, but the lights were off, and flashlight I normally use in this situation was not at hand. So, I grabbed my old Palm T3 that my wife had been using. So there I was, laying on the floor, T3 in one hand to provide light for me to read my prs-500.

Overall, I have to rate the T3 as pretty dismal light. It wasn't bright enough, and kept shutting off. Though it did have a good coverage of lighting. If I had tweaked the settings on the T3, it would have been adequate.

Looking back, it was the best reading experience I have had with my Palm T3 in a long time.
Dalapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:34 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
That has to be the best use of a palm I've ever read about.

When I read with my Reader in bed at night, I use an ear light. Works very well and is very light weight.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2007, 04:57 PM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
My wife thinks that a 500W bulb is about right for reading, although she would not object if it was brighter. From the other side of the room, deep in the shadows, I still have enough light for the Reader.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 06:05 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I would be taking that 500W bulb and tossing it for a 15W energy saver bulb. I've been replacing the bulbs here with the energy saver bulbs.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:18 PM   #5
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I would be taking that 500W bulb and tossing it for a 15W energy saver bulb. I've been replacing the bulbs here with the energy saver bulbs.
It is an energy saver, 500W generates far too much heat. It is the equiv of 500W. You almost need sunglasses there. And no, this is nothing new, she has always used that much light to read.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2007, 06:22 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

That would bother me big time. I like subdued lighting in the condo. That 500W equiv bulb would have to go.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:58 PM   #7
Red Alert
Zealot
Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor & Nook Tablet. Sony PRS-505 loaned to brother.
Well, I only use a 300W Halogen as a reading lamp. I keep the heat in the house turned down to 68 degF. So the reading light not only illuminates my reading, it provides local heat in a small area around me and my recliner. At least in winter this is what I use for reading. In the summer I change lamps to compact Fluorescent rated at 100W equivalent. Plenty of light, and no excess heat

Red
Red Alert is offline   Reply With Quote