Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-09-2012, 09:33 PM   #16
Jesslynne
Zealot
Jesslynne doesn't litterJesslynne doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Mini
Just for those who haven't seen them yet, and don't mind spending $30(CDN) on a case. Chapters is now selling Sleep Covers for them, I grabbed one because I didn't want to wait on shipping times and I liked the idea that it wakes it and puts it to sleep when I open or close the cover respectively. Does the job fairly well, however if you fold it flat as your read it might end up putting it to sleep. I've gotten used to putting my finger between the covers so the signal doesn't interrupt my reading. - I'm figuring that's what's happening anyway.
Jesslynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:45 PM   #17
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
I received my Navitech cover tonight and am very pleased with it! For $4.99 it's a really great deal!
Found it on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Navitech-Black...tech+Kobo+mini
"bycast" leather = fake but it fits great and is well made
Too bad the seller (Navitech) through Amazon.ca wants $19.99 for the same cover, no thanks.
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2012, 05:10 PM   #18
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post
Too bad the seller (Navitech) through Amazon.ca wants $19.99 for the same cover, no thanks.
Yes, that's the usual state of affairs, sadly...
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:38 PM   #19
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
I got the Navitech cover in brown for $4.99 with free shipping. I would think this must be some kind of mistake as it was shipped from England via air mail. I'm assuming they must be losing money on this transaction.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:47 PM   #20
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesslynne View Post
if you fold it flat as your read it might end up putting it to sleep. I've gotten used to putting my finger between the covers so the signal doesn't interrupt my reading. - I'm figuring that's what's happening anyway.
Don't know if this is your issue or not, I know that I thought the same thing with my glo cover but later realized it was just the device itself putting itself to sleep if I was too slow to read the first page after opening the cover. It times out after about 60 seconds and goes back to sleep if I don't turn the page or tap somewhere on the screen. I assume this was done to prevent the battery from draining if the cover is opened accidentally.

I find it irritating myself, if it was just another 30 seconds longer I don't think I would have an issue, I guess I am just a slow reader, or I need to use a bigger font so there is less to read on the page and can get though it in less than 60 seconds.
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2012, 01:39 AM   #21
Jesslynne
Zealot
Jesslynne doesn't litterJesslynne doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post
Don't know if this is your issue or not, I know that I thought the same thing with my glo cover but later realized it was just the device itself putting itself to sleep if I was too slow to read the first page after opening the cover. It times out after about 60 seconds and goes back to sleep if I don't turn the page or tap somewhere on the screen. I assume this was done to prevent the battery from draining if the cover is opened accidentally.

I find it irritating myself, if it was just another 30 seconds longer I don't think I would have an issue, I guess I am just a slow reader, or I need to use a bigger font so there is less to read on the page and can get though it in less than 60 seconds.
Oh, that makes sense. That must be it. Glad to know it now, I'll just have to read faster or just tap the screen just to say 'yes I'm here reading it' I have my font set fairly small so while I do read quick there's a lot to read on screen.

Thanks.
Jesslynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:33 PM   #22
desert dog
Zealot
desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2,3 Voyage,Oasis 1&2, Kobo Glohd, Aura hd, Kmini, H2O 1&2
Based on a tip from a thread in this forum, I found this faux leather 5" gps cover. Amazon $7.99. The mini fits very snug in there and the stiff arms of the cover protect the screen without adding too much bulk:

AmazonBasics Faux Leather Carrying Case for 5-Inch GPS

I never would have thought to shop gps covers without reading it on these forums, but it worked out for me.

I wanted something that was really inexpensive since it didn't make sense to spend $25 or more to protect a $70 mini and, even more important, I didn't want a cover that would add a lot of weight and size and negate the portability of the unit - which is the feature that led me to buy it in the first place.
desert dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:43 AM   #23
Ulysei
Ulysei began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Hi all.
An update to my cover situation: I looked EVERYWHERE for something that might work and didn't find anything that wasn't too big or too small until I dug up my passport cover. I have a folder style passport holder I got free from Black's photography and it is a PERFECT fit (looks something like this: http://ak.buy.com/PI/0/250/217056435.jpg). I now have seen some mini sleep covers on the shelves (rarely), but I am definitely waiting for that $30 price to drop. For now the passport cover is an excellent substitute.

Just another option to consider if you are out looking.
Ulysei is offline   Reply With Quote