Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-26-2008, 05:39 PM   #61
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
who loves ya, baby ?
Well, let's see... my grandchildren, my kids, my wife, oh and my Mom! That's about seven people. I am not so sure about my siblings, you'd have to track them down and ask them.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:47 PM   #62
electristan
newbie reader
electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: reMarkable, Boox T68, Kobo Mini, Nook STR, Sony PRS-505
Might as well be social, there is a PRS-505 and a Asus EEE so see in downtown Cork, Ireland. Cant drive so you will have to come to me Just send a PM
electristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2008, 07:27 AM   #63
markiehill
Connoisseur
markiehill doesn't littermarkiehill doesn't litter

i am in Bucks England , and can meet anybody who wants to have a look at a PRS-505

Mark
markiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:57 AM   #64
IanHelgesen
IanHelgesen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.IanHelgesen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.IanHelgesen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Irex Iliad
I can show off an Irex Iliad and a Nokia N810 in Edmonton, Alberta.
IanHelgesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:53 AM   #65
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshanda View Post
I would love to see and compare Sony 505 and iLiad...
Calgary, Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanHelgesen View Post
I can show off an Irex Iliad and a Nokia N810 in Edmonton, Alberta.
hey ! i know Calgary and Edmonton are not exactly next door but at least we're in the right province and we have (one of) the right device ! any chance either of you travels a bit from time to time ? you should try to get together !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2008, 04:42 PM   #66
synoptic
synoptic began at the beginning.

Device: N/A
Any Iliads in/near Stockport, UK?

Would love to see an Iliad in action if anybody has one and is located in the Stockport area. I have tons of medical journal PDF's and I would like to see how the devices renders them and also check out the navigation/annotation features...

Anybody out there???
synoptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 06:54 AM   #67
C6REW
Connoisseur
C6REW has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
I'll be in Edinburgh during part of the Book Festival...
Hi LazyScot,

Just sent you a pm.

Keen to meet up if the offer is still there. Based a few miles down the road in Devizes, Wilts.

Best regards

Chris
C6REW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:05 AM   #68
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by C6REW View Post
Hi LazyScot,

Just sent you a pm.

Keen to meet up if the offer is still there. Based a few miles down the road in Devizes, Wilts.

Best regards

Chris
No problem. I've PM'd you back. Alternatively, if you can make it, you could come into London on Saturday and see a few other devices at the meet-up (details in my signature).
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 02:29 PM   #69
AlfonsVH
Addict
AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook Neo
BeBook in Turnhout / Wilrijk (Antwerp), Belgium

I've a BeBook (very similar to Hanlin v3 / lBook / ...) to show off in Turnhout or in Wilrijk (near Antwerp) in Belgium.
Just to let you know
AlfonsVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 02:44 PM   #70
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
REB 1100/1150/1200 in Mumbai, India

I have all 3 ebooks (the REB 1100, EBW 1150 and REB 1200) and live in Mumbai, India [not that I've seen anyone much from India on these forums ... ]

Last edited by ashkulz; 09-02-2008 at 11:24 PM. Reason: correct a typo
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:31 PM   #71
denkbert
denkbert began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Any eBook readers near Heidelberg, Germany ?
denkbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:39 PM   #72
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
I'm traveling to Raleigh, NC next week with a Kindle and a Sony PRS 505. Contact me via PM if you want to get together one evening for a meet-up.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:25 AM   #73
Brataq
Brataq began at the beginning.

Device: IBM T23
I'd be really greatful to try out an ILiad in Germany - Berlin.

I'm interested in trying out some pdf i use for work and learning purposes like A4 presentations (half presentation sheet, half commentary), or IT-Books.

Please PM me if you'd like to share your experiences and let me try out 2 ebooks.

Brataq
Brataq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:25 PM   #74
stilliremain
stilliremain began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3 eBoo
I'll happily demo my Cybook Gen3 eBook in Central London.
stilliremain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:33 PM   #75
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
I bit late to the Party, but I'll be willing to show off my Cybook Gen3 & N800 running FBReader to anyone who's interested in Nottingham, UK.

@ashkultz

There are a few of us from India here, but most are based outside currently.

There us another user in Mumbai currently if I remember correctly, with a Cybook Gen3 so it might be possible to arrange a meetup.

I was in Delhi & Ahmedabad recently, and did manage to interest quiet a few people in Readers in general, and the Gen3 in Particular (The font support in particular).

Last edited by bbusybookworm; 09-08-2008 at 12:39 PM.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
demo, in person, meetup, show