Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 12-08-2012, 07:42 AM   #1
ansamn
ansamn began at the beginning.

Device: iliad rex
2 iliads, 2 problems: frozen screen + battery doesn't charge

Hi everyone,

I have been a happy user of Iliad from 2009. My old Iliad got a frozen screen 3 months ago and I could do nothing to get it back to live. I have been waiting all this time to see if the battery got empty and I could restart, but nothing happens:the same first image is still there.

A week ago, a friend of mine gave me his Iliad, who happens to have what it seems a battery problem. When plugged, the red light will get on, but only for a min. or so and the battery doesn't charge. All the other features work nicely: I can connect it to the pc, download files and even read... for 3 min. or so. The battery icon is completly white.

Apart from resetting (which I have already tried), any ideas on what I can do to have at least one of them working?

Thanks!
ansamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:01 AM   #2
MrWarper
Zealot
MrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it is

Device: I'm an iRex man: 8x DR1000S, 4x DR800SG, 4x DR800S
A frozen screen usually indicates electronics components beyond a regular user's capabilities of diagnosis and repair. But if the battery of that one is still good, and the problem with the other Illiad is just its battery, why don't you just swap batteries and give it a go?
MrWarper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert