Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-03-2010, 11:49 PM   #1
Sweeternity
I liek windmills
Sweeternity began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Converting screenplays for a reader

I haven't seen this anywhere, but I work in the film business, and would love to be able to read screenplays on it instead of wasting way too much paper on way too many revisions. I can't get them to convert right though.

I have a nook, and using Calibre I can leave it as a pdf (it's too thin, zooming in makes it off-center) or convert to epub but this kills the formatting of the dialog vs action, so I can't tell which is which.

Any suggestions guys?
Sweeternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:08 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeternity View Post
I haven't seen this anywhere, but I work in the film business, and would love to be able to read screenplays on it instead of wasting way too much paper on way too many revisions. I can't get them to convert right though.

I have a nook, and using Calibre I can leave it as a pdf (it's too thin, zooming in makes it off-center) or convert to epub but this kills the formatting of the dialog vs action, so I can't tell which is which.

Any suggestions guys?
You can check out this thread about converting the script of Avatar.

Bottom line is in converting a fixed layout to a six inch reader you lose the formatting. Although saving the PDF as a text file will allow for a little better read on some ereaders.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert