Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-03-2010, 12:08 PM   #1
vadimled
vadimled began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 360
The personal engraving on a back cover of the device

There are a lot of reviews iPads in a network.
Is somebody heard about a personal engraving on a back cover of the device? Is it not dangerous?

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-11-2011 at 04:44 PM.
vadimled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:33 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I wouldn't personally have a device engraved, because it makes it very difficult to sell second-hand. It's a service that Apple offer with many of their devices.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2010, 12:35 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadimled View Post
There are a lot of reviews iPads in a network.
Is somebody heard about a personal engraving on a back cover of the device? Is it not dangerous?
A few years ago the granddaughter HAD to have an Ipod. They engraved it..the sales rep said they did that before they put the cover on......made sense!
'course, she lost the ipod........

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-11-2011 at 04:44 PM.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:58 PM   #4
vadimled
vadimled began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 360
But if I am not going to sell it, whether there are other dangers?
vadimled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:04 PM   #5
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadimled;
But if I am not going to sell it, whether there are other dangers?
None. What should be bad about it?

A part from resell value as mentioned, I definitely see it as an advantage. Me and my siblings and girlfriend all have cell phone number and name on it. It can the be returned if lost, and harder to sell for anyone who steals it.
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert