Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 10-08-2005, 01:07 PM   #1
Muximori
Muximori began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Clie SJ30
Question Can Plucker flip a full page?

Hi, I'm a new plucker user, and I am loving it exept one small thing, when I go to a new page, I would prefer if the screen switched to the next full page, without the last line from the previous page at the top.
Is there any way I can configre it to do this?
Muximori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 02:21 AM   #2
Chaos
Evangelist
Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Assorted older devices
No, I don't believe there is (unless you feel like diving into the source code). Personally I wouldn't want it, either. There's a small benefit to gain (one line), with the possibility of having it skip a line, depending on exactly where the 'break' ends up being processed as, I believe.

But, as I said, Plucker is open source so you can go give it a try yourself, if you want to.
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2005, 04:05 PM   #3
Muximori
Muximori began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Clie SJ30
Thanks, the reason I want to do this is because I find it kind of distracting to constantly reorient my eyes at the top of the page while reading novels.

Looks like I'll go back to mobipocket reader for books, and plucker for websites.
Muximori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 01:32 PM   #4
4Wheeldrive
4Wheeldrive began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Zire 72>>Palm TX
Muximori, have you tried the autoscroll? With the autoscroll, you can control the speed and even the direction!
4Wheeldrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 10:22 PM   #5
4Wheeldrive
4Wheeldrive began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Zire 72>>Palm TX
HEY, I believe I have found a way to do this. I have Plucker 1.8 with all the goodies. If you do not, download the extra's from the Plucker website. In the Library screen, tap the Library tab. The dropdown menu should give you "updated document list, Delete all..." Tap "Preferences". In the upper right hand corner, open up that dropdown menu. The screen should show "General, Browsing, etc." Tap "Button". On that screen, the small box saying NONE. Tap it. In that menu, the option for a full page up should come up. Once you tap on "Full Page Up" the screen should bring you back to the screen where the NONE box was. Pick what key you would like to have a full page. I suggest the up arrow on the 5 way pad.
4Wheeldrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert