Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-23-2011, 05:22 PM   #1
dotancohen
Enthusiast
dotancohen is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Restore "ask on delete" option

For some reason I unchecked the "ask on delete" option when deleting a book. Now, I cannot restore that option: I don't see it anywhere in the options or config files. Where is it? Thanks!
dotancohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:26 PM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Preferences->Behaviour. At the bottom of the screen (rather hidden imho) is a big long button called "Reset all disabled confirmation dialogs".
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2011, 03:05 AM   #3
dotancohen
Enthusiast

Thanks. Before I do that, which configuration file keeps the data? I'd really rather not reset _all_ the confirmation dialogues if I can edit the config file by hand.

By the way, that button really is hard to find down there, below the format selections.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:37 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotancohen View Post
Thanks. Before I do that, which configuration file keeps the data? I'd really rather not reset _all_ the confirmation dialogues if I can edit the config file by hand.
If you're running from source someone might be along to tell you which file you might edit, but if you're not running from source it's time to hit the button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotancohen View Post
By the way, that button really is hard to find down there, below the format selections.
If only they could have made it wider...
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 06:05 AM   #5
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
If you're running from source someone might be along to tell you which file you might edit, but if you're not running from source it's time to hit the button.
You cannot do this by editing the settings file as it is a special binary file (dynamic.pickle). So without modifying the source code your only option is to reset all of them AFAIK.
Quote:
If only they could have made it wider...
I'm not quite sure if your sarcasm is indicating you agree that it is hard to find or you think that it being wide is supposed to make it easier to find?

The biggest problem I have with it (other than it being at the bottom) is that it doesn't look like a button, or at least not like a button in any other application I use. A button is shaped just a bit larger than the text it contains, not the full width of a dialog. This isn't the only example, there are a number of places in the preferences dialog which have the same issue imho. For instance:
Preferences -> Miscellaneous - could instead be two buttons on the same line.
Preferences -> Plugins - Add a new plugin
Preferences -> Searching - Clear search histories
Preferences -> Sharing over the net - View server logs
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2011, 06:42 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
For instance:
Preferences -> Miscellaneous - could instead be two buttons on the same line.
Preferences -> Plugins - Add a new plugin
Preferences -> Searching - Clear search histories
Preferences -> Sharing over the net - View server logs
You're correct, smaller relatively fixed sized buttons would be better as long as they can accommodate varying size fonts. Also while we're pointing out possible points of inelegance let's not forget...

Preferences -> Common Options - Remove spacing from between paragraphs.

Not a giant button but if you have that window spread wide on a large monitor as I usually do it is very hard to tell that the Indent size is also turned on only when the box on the left is checked. The two seem to be independent options.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:41 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
If we are voting
I also find the full width buttons strange
I can imagine an 'oversized' button for the normal action and a regular size for alternate actions.
"Press the Big button, Dummy"
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:42 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I really dont care enough about the size of buttons in preferences. So if one of you cares, feel free to submit a patch.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:46 PM   #9
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
If test_eight_code = True, the button takes up 1/2 the space (1 column instead of 2).
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:56 AM   #10
dotancohen
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
If test_eight_code = True, the button takes up 1/2 the space (1 column instead of 2).
In 0.8.1, the button is above the two lists and much easier to find. Thanks, kovidgoyal!