mon012 began at the beginning.

Device: nookcolor
hi all, im new nook lovers
mon012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:22 PM   #47
Rocknsoul
Rocknsoul began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Wifi
Got my library card from Philadelphia & downloaded my first borrowed books today!

The fun part is that these are books which are always on hold at my local library--so before I would go look for them, not find them, get placed on a list, have to go back to get them, no renewal, etc.

Now I've placed some on hold & just have to watch my email.
Rocknsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:08 AM   #48
Zuly1201
Zuly1201 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook, Samsung Tablet, Kindle
I've had my Nook for almost a year now and I don't know what I would do without it. I read more books last year than I did in the past 5 years. It's so convenient! LOVE MY NOOK!
Zuly1201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:38 AM   #49
whoopDdoo
whoopDdoo began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry001 View Post
Hi Guys and Gals,

got my new Nook Color yesterday for Christmas.

It's a good device, but I guess, that my fingers are too big have to learn to be more precise.

Pandora is great, but sucksa lot of Battery life out.

Calibre works great. All my covers which i transferred for my Sony reader were transported to the chip in the Nook and looks great.

Wifi sucks some times.

First charge lasted for 6 hours, half of that time with wifi on and radio, too.

Got my update on 1.0.1. yesterday via wifi.

hpe, that frojo will come soon

Marry Christmas

Harry
I received a Nook Color for X-mas from my son. I quickly downloaded 4 books with no problem and generally love the device.

It works great at the gym on the treadmill and my husband loves it since now I don't need to have the light on when he is trying to sleep and I want to keep reading.

I have begun to experience a wierd feature...and that is that my Nook seems to change pages by itself both forward and backward. Has anyone experienced this oddity??

Would appreciate any advice.
Thanks.
whoopDdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:29 AM   #50
Scarpad
Addict
Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks I had the original, sold it for a kindle 3, and just bought a nook color, even thou its not e-ink I'm digging the color, ts a tad heavier than the kindle, but the book organization, the screen, the ablity to stream from pandora while reading, the video capabilities, all very nice. I'm liking it alot
Scarpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:16 PM   #51
WillRockwell
WillRockwell began at the beginning.

Device: Nook color
bought my Nook Color today after reviewing all the choices. Here in New York, the public library system has thousands of titles available for download, all you need is a library card.
WillRockwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:59 PM   #52
G J Lau
Zealot
G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
My New Nook

My wife got me a Nook with 3G for Christmas. The biggest thing for me was ePub compatibility. I also like knowing I can go to the Barnes and Noble store and talk with someone about it if need be, which I'm sure I will have to do when it comes time to change the battery, which I understand is difficult to impossible on the Kindle.

Since then I have discovered Calibre, which eases some of the compatibility concerns as well as opening up a whole new world of free periodicals and newspapers. I'm fairly computer literate so uploading files to the Nook is a cinch for me.

Overall an e-book fits my temperament perfectly. I love reading several things simultaneously and knowing that I will always be taken right back to where I left off.

G J Lau
Check out my book on Smashwords at https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/36482
Visit my blog at http://www.windroot.blogspost.com/

Last edited by G J Lau; 01-20-2011 at 05:36 AM.
G J Lau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:21 PM   #53
Rainpebble
Rainpebble began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestTim View Post
Got a Nook for x-mas. Gift from a friend as I could not afford one myself. Children are expensive, especially at Christmas time. Most of the friends I hang out with have all settled on the Nook and she loaded a couple hundred books on it that she thought I might like before giving it to me. I've not had an E-Book reader before and I think I might really like this thing after having used it for a few days.

Had a bit of difficulty getting it hooked to the WiFi, but a few tweaks of the router took care of that issue, and I still need to register it with B&N. I understand one must set up an account with the web site before doing that though.

And now two of my favorite things start with the letters n-o-o-k.

Gotta love that
Hi Tim--I'm new here--this is my first post. I got the Nook for my birthday--January 17th, and cannot figure out how to get wifi. I have a Linksys router, but for some reason the Nook cannot connect to it even though it 'see;s' it. Any suggestions?
Rainpebble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:49 PM   #54
horse_girl
Enthusiast
horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Nook, Motorola Droid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainpebble View Post
Hi Tim--I'm new here--this is my first post. I got the Nook for my birthday--January 17th, and cannot figure out how to get wifi. I have a Linksys router, but for some reason the Nook cannot connect to it even though it 'see;s' it. Any suggestions?
I'm not Tim, but I might suggest making sure that if you use WPA for your network, you enter the password. Without that, it won't connect. That's where I'd start.
horse_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:46 AM   #55
red11523
red11523 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Hello all, I'm a new Nook user. Attempted to download a PDF E-Book from my Library. Received it OK, except it is ACSM not PDF. It will not show on the Nook. Does anyone have a cure for this??
red11523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:20 AM   #56
kikar
Zealot
kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many eReaders, One annoyed wife.
Quote:
Originally Posted by red11523 View Post
Hello all, I'm a new Nook user. Attempted to download a PDF E-Book from my Library. Received it OK, except it is ACSM not PDF. It will not show on the Nook. Does anyone have a cure for this??
Go to adobe's website and download Adobe Digital Editions.

http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/

Then double click the ACSM file. That will open in ADE and it will initiate a download of the book into your ADE library. you can then plug your nook into the computer and it will show up in ADE. Then drag and drop the book to your Nook and you are all set.
kikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 02:35 PM   #57
MirandaMayer
I sing in the car. Sue me
MirandaMayer is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.MirandaMayer is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.MirandaMayer is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.MirandaMayer is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.MirandaMayer is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.MirandaMayer is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.MirandaMayer is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.MirandaMayer is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.MirandaMayer is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.MirandaMayer is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.MirandaMayer is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

I got my Nook this Christmas as well, and have been burning through books at breakneck speed. I've also taken to carrying it around with me everywhere and taking it to work so I can get my read on during lunch or when I'm goofing off (oh, who doesn't?).

I did discover that my own book wasn't available for download (I'm such an egotist) so owning this puppy has sent me on an e-book formatting odyssey from HELL that threatens to make me go completely insane. It's up there, but there are still formatting errors in there... line break issues, spaces missing, that sort of ridiculousness.

Downside? The cheaper books (I'm a cheapskate) are the majority of them badly edited indie-work and sometimes hard to read. The upside? The good books are pretty cheap too. I lurves my nook.

Hubby picked the regular nook over the nook colour because he thought I'd like the flat paper look better. He was right. When I spend the day staring at a lit screen, it's a nice break on the eyes to read something flat and non-cancer-causing (snicker). Best Christmas present ever! But hubby now regrets it because I read more and pay him less attention.

Oh well.. c'est la vie, n'est pas?
MirandaMayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:44 PM   #58
bluepen61
bluepen61 began at the beginning.

Device: NookColor
Smile

I bought my NookColor just after Christmas. Much more than I expected. Thanks B & N!
bluepen61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:34 AM   #59
gforbes
gforbes began at the beginning.

Hi, I got mine (classic) for xmas. I have a lot of side loaded books on mine, and I have to say that rooting and using trook or nookLibrary works way better than the stock software. I've also had problems getting the store to work, about half of the times I use it I can't actually purchase books. Has anyone else had that problem? Other than those minor complaints, I'm really impressed by it.
gforbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:30 PM   #60
keim
Krystal
keim began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Classic
I just bought mine today the classic version. I'm excited to get it! Ebay was having a deal for $99 refurb so I jumped on that deal. Kinda want the Nook color now but I only want it for reading books so hopefully I'll be more than satisfied with the classic.
keim is offline   Reply With Quote