Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-09-2010, 12:48 AM   #16
clambert
clambert began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I just started using calibre today and so far think it's GREAT! Awesome job.

I do have a question regarding the metadata review however... Instead of being an average rating, I'd like it to just have the Amazon rating. What change do I need to make to accommodate this?

Thanks,
Craig
clambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:15 AM   #17
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by clambert View Post

I do have a question regarding the metadata review however... Instead of being an average rating, I'd like it to just have the Amazon rating. What change do I need to make to accommodate this?

Thanks,
Craig
When you download metadata the Amazon rating is what you get.

As I read it the average rating is only created when you hover over an author, tag, series or publisher in the tag browser to give you an average rating of all the books for that area. This average is based only on the data you have entered in the ratings area for each book. This rating data for each book might be entirely entered based on your judgment.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2010, 01:18 AM   #18
clambert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
When you download metadata the Amazon rating is what you get.
I'm only asking because the reviews don't seem to be matching. I get that a 3.5 might be equal to a 3 rating in calibre but I have some 4 ratings on Amazon showing up as 3.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:03 AM   #19
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
I'm only asking because the reviews don't seem to be matching. I get that a 3.5 might be equal to a 3 rating in calibre but I have some 4 ratings on Amazon showing up as 3.
I just learned this today.
There are multiple plugin's that get meta-data.
Go to preferenced and un tick the ratings box on all except Amazon... Nothing to average
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:10 AM   #20
clambert

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I just learned this today.
There are multiple plugin's that get meta-data.
Go to preferenced and un tick the ratings box on all except Amazon... Nothing to average
I saw that and tried it. Once it work then the next time it couldn't find any data. It's not really that big a deal I suppose. I'd still like it to pull other data from the other sites, just not the review.

I'm new to it, so I'll just keep playing around.

Thanks though.
Advert
Old 07-10-2010, 11:04 AM   #21
clambert

Quote:

Thanks,
Craig
Did some playing around and think I figured this out by disabling the different Metadata Download Plugins. I didn't want to totally disable the plugin because that would restrict the Metadata Download more than I would like. It appears as though LibraryThing was padding some of the ratings. To fix it, I just customized that particular plugin and unchecked the option to download ratings. Now I'm happy again.

Once the wife gets a job I am going to have to donate to this application. It's unbelievably fantastic! Powerful as all hell.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:51 AM   #22
random43743
random43743 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle PW + kindle 3
If there is someone still following this thread and can give me a little hand with the code to alter tag download could you have a look at my thread here: [?] Add downloaded tags not overwrite existing?
random43743 is offline   Reply With Quote