Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-15-2012, 08:53 AM   #1
MacEvansCB
Enthusiast
MacEvansCB began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Too Much Italics.....

I'm converting a PDF to HTMLZ (yes... I know... I know... its a mess) but something is happening I don't understand. When I opened the converted file, the last 25 pages were all in italics. When I figured out exactly where the problem started, I looked around in the original files.

In Calibre, when I pull up the Regex window and look at the correct point, there IS a </i> where the problem is. So at least Calibre did convert to html correctly.

Yet, in the resulting HTMLZ file, that specific </i> is missing??????

This was a simple fix... just inserting the </i>... but what happened???
MacEvansCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:13 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEvansCB View Post
I'm converting a PDF to HTMLZ (yes... I know... I know... its a mess) but something is happening I don't understand. When I opened the converted file, the last 25 pages were all in italics. When I figured out exactly where the problem started, I looked around in the original files.

In Calibre, when I pull up the Regex window and look at the correct point, there IS a </i> where the problem is. So at least Calibre did convert to html correctly.

Yet, in the resulting HTMLZ file, that specific </i> is missing??????

This was a simple fix... just inserting the </i>... but what happened???
I would consider this a bug IF:
as you said, there was only one missing closing </i> AND
The Body was not a Bold style ( using inverted logic: Bold unless I say otherwise).

I would never expect any local style done inside a Paragraph/Div container to persist past the closing </p> or </div>
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2012, 10:27 AM   #3
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
This was reported a few months back, but that reporter never posted an example book. Attach your problem book to this bug and I'll take a look at it.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/936803
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote