Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-05-2013, 10:56 PM   #391
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
v1.5.9 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Add a "Metadata" section to the "Content" tab allowing the user to override title/author/series for one-off covers
  • Add ability to configure a custom column (or tags column) to contain a value any time a cover is generated for a book

Finally getting around to officially releasing this from the beta post above. I haven't updated the screenshots in the first post as yet.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:01 PM   #392
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
kiwidude,

I just installed 1.5.9 and restarted. Clicking the 'Customize...' button errors for me:

Code:
calibre, version 0.9.21
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>NotImplementedError</b>:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.generate_cover.dialogs", line 1675, in show_configuration
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 175, in do_user_config
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 246, in customization_help
NotImplementedError
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2013, 11:04 PM   #393
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cheers JimmXinu, I was having a problem with the wrong versions of files on the laptop I was releasing from. I gave it a quick run to verify it generated a cover but didn't try that button... let me see what other files I missed in the screwup and stick a 1.5.10 out...
Old 03-05-2013, 11:12 PM   #394
kiwidude

v1.5.10 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Re-release of 1.5.9 due to problem with zip file

Chrome and I on my laptop are just not getting along it seems... thanks JimmXinu for reporting the issue, hopefully sorted this time...
Old 03-06-2013, 07:23 PM   #395
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Chrome and I on my laptop are just not getting along it seems...
Firefox is King. Chrome is the jester.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #396
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Firefox is King. Chrome is the jester.
I thought that was Oprah
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:40 AM   #397
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I thought that was Oprah
According to her followers, Oprah is the Messiah.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:20 PM   #398
Vaesse
Zealot
Vaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Here's my latest renditions of all of my script covers. They'd also work relatively well with associated fan-fiction, though they'd require minor modification (i.e. changing of the Episode text) for that use. I don't think the actual font is contained in the Settings zip, and I'm not sure if the font name is (assuming you don't yet have the font). If I've used a custom font and you need to know which, let me know.

(This is the first group, since I can only upload 18 files in one post. Two more will follow.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	90210.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	102912   Click image for larger version

Name:	Angel.jpg
Views:	570
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	102914   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bones.jpg
Views:	567
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	102916   Click image for larger version

Name:	Buffy.jpg
Views:	601
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	102918   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dawson.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	102920   Click image for larger version

Name:	Doogie.jpg
Views:	518
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	102922   Click image for larger version

Name:	Firefly.jpg
Views:	572
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	102924   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gilmore.jpg
Views:	565
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	102926   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jump Street.jpg
Views:	547
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	102928  
Attached Files
File Type: zip 90210.zip (2.91 MB, 450 views)
File Type: zip Angel.zip (54.4 KB, 493 views)
File Type: zip Bones.zip (93.1 KB, 446 views)
File Type: zip Buffy.zip (317.0 KB, 476 views)
File Type: zip Dawson.zip (42.3 KB, 417 views)
File Type: zip Doogie.zip (108.8 KB, 419 views)
File Type: zip Firefly.zip (152.7 KB, 452 views)
File Type: zip Gilmore.zip (272.6 KB, 421 views)
File Type: zip Jump Street.zip (238.0 KB, 425 views)
Vaesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #399
Vaesse
Zealot
Vaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolate

I've got two remaining projects in the works at the moment... Charmed and Doctor Who. On both, I'm not thrilled with the background images I have. My plan with Doctor Who is to have a unified appearance for the whole series, with each individual incarnation of the Doctor on the associated covers, though this will likely require a degree of Photoshop help from a friend.

(This is the second group of covers. One more follows.)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Kyle XY.jpg
Views:	525
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	102930   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lone Gunmen.jpg
Views:	552
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	102932   Click image for larger version

Name:	MacGyver.jpg
Views:	597
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	102934   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nikita.jpg
Views:	647
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	102936   Click image for larger version

Name:	QaF.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	102938   Click image for larger version

Name:	Roswell.jpg
Views:	576
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	102940   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sherlock.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	102942   Click image for larger version

Name:	Smallville.jpg
Views:	555
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	102944   Click image for larger version

Name:	Supernatural.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	102946  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Kyle XY.zip (47.7 KB, 413 views)
File Type: zip Lone Gunmen.zip (120.7 KB, 399 views)
File Type: zip MacGyver.zip (258.1 KB, 437 views)
File Type: zip Nikita.zip (160.6 KB, 420 views)
File Type: zip QaF.zip (46.1 KB, 428 views)
File Type: zip Roswell.zip (179.7 KB, 434 views)
File Type: zip Sherlock.zip (182.9 KB, 462 views)
File Type: zip Smallville.zip (110.8 KB, 437 views)
File Type: zip Supernatural.zip (2.45 MB, 487 views)
Old 03-15-2013, 04:29 PM   #400
Vaesse
Zealot

If you like my covers and want me to work up something for a TV series that I haven't done, feel free to let me know. I'd be happy to help. I love the feeling of accomplishment when they come together so beautifully.

(This is the third of three groups of covers I've currently done.)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	White Collar.jpg
Views:	565
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	102948   Click image for larger version

Name:	X-Files.jpg
Views:	524
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	102950  
Attached Files
File Type: zip White Collar.zip (733.3 KB, 432 views)
File Type: zip X-Files.zip (37.2 KB, 473 views)
Old 03-15-2013, 09:20 PM   #401
kiwidude

Thanks Vaesse, I have also added links to your posts above from the first post of this thread.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:03 PM   #402
Vaesse
Zealot

Thank you. When I spent the time working on them, it seemed a shame that I'd be the only one to see them.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:34 PM   #403
Linwe
Enthusiast
Linwe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle & Kindle 4
importing error

I seem to be missing something somewhere... I have portable and non-portable versions of calibre and GC installed for both. I have several custom settings saved on the non-portable that I've exported and want to import to the portable version, but I keep getting an error message:

Quote:
calibre, version 0.9.23
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:migrate_config_setting() takes at least 3 arguments (2 given)

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.generate_cover.dialogs", line 612, in import_setting
TypeError: migrate_config_setting() takes at least 3 arguments (2 given)
Where have I gone wrong and how can I correct my mistake?
Linwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:56 PM   #404
kiwidude

Looks like a bug in the plugin Linwe, will push a new version shortly.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:06 PM   #405
kiwidude

v1.5.11 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Fix bug of import saved cover settings not working