Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-03-2014, 03:55 PM   #16
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rus View Post
What about all the ebooks I have stored in virtual XP that I can currently load on my Palm phone?

Everything I do with my Palm phone is through my virtual XP OS.
If you can copy them to your Windows 7 partition you can remove the DRM there. If the XP Partition is only for communicating with your Palm Phone, you probably don't want to keep your main library there.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:55 PM   #17
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
The Windows OS shouldn't have anything to do with the Palm data.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 04:00 PM   #18
Rus
Rus began at the beginning.

Device: Kyocera Palm Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
If you can copy them to your Windows 7 partition you can remove the DRM there. If the XP Partition is only for communicating with your Palm Phone, you probably don't want to keep your main library there.
I think I'm beginning to get the hang of it. If, in the future, I want to install my ebooks in a new reader I can install them with Win 7 therefore all my ebooks should be in Win 7 for future installs and in XP for installing in my Palm OS.

Is this right?
Rus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 04:58 PM   #19
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Spot on.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:22 PM   #20
Rus

Quote:
Spot on.
OK, I think I'm on the last leg of this journey. I followed Apprentice Alf's Blog and added all my ebooks.

Then I tested it by opening a couple of books in the calibre ebook viewer and I was able to read them.

Two questions:

1. Does that mean that I have successfully DeDRM'd all my ebooks?

2. May I now remove all the software that accomplished the DeDRM action?

Thanks again. This site is awesome...
Old 06-04-2014, 06:27 AM   #21
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
OK, I think I'm on the last leg of this journey. I followed Apprentice Alf's Blog and added all my ebooks.

Then I tested it by opening a couple of books in the calibre ebook viewer and I was able to read them.

Two questions:

1. Does that mean that I have successfully DeDRM'd all my ebooks?

2. May I now remove all the software that accomplished the DeDRM action?

Thanks again. This site is awesome...
If you can read the ebook in calibre, the DRM has been removed.

You can remove the DRM removal software if you wish. It does its work on import only.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:06 PM   #22
Rus

Quote:
If you can read the ebook in calibre, the DRM has been removed.

You can remove the DRM removal software if you wish. It does its work on import only.
Good to know. Thanks for all your help. I'm now a happy camper.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:54 PM   #23
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
My suggestion is to leave the DeDRM-plugin installed so you can remove DRM from almost any book.

Quick tip: if you're going to buy EPUBs, use Digital Editions 2.0 to download them. The new DRM of Digital Editions 3.0 has not yet been cracked AFAIK.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 01:21 AM   #24
Rus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
My suggestion is to leave the DeDRM-plugin installed so you can remove DRM from almost any book.

Quick tip: if you're going to buy EPUBs, use Digital Editions 2.0 to download them. The new DRM of Digital Editions 3.0 has not yet been cracked AFAIK.
I currently have 13 ebooks installed on my old Kyocera 7135 phone and a zillion more I could load. I'll never read all the books I have in my computer (XP) library.

I don't foresee buying any new ebooks. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Last edited by pdurrant; 06-07-2014 at 06:24 AM.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:36 AM   #25
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
I don't foresee buying any new ebooks. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Mwuhahaha.... hahaha..... ha

Many people before you declared that, and all of them failed There are people on this forum trying to curb their spending because they buy more than they can ever read, and are only partially succeeding.

Be afraid.... Be very afraid.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 01:26 PM   #26
mrmarlowe
Zealot
mrmarlowe began at the beginning.

Device: Caliber
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Mwuhahaha.... hahaha..... ha

Many people before you declared that, and all of them failed There are people on this forum trying to curb their spending because they buy more than they can ever read, and are only partially succeeding.

Be afraid.... Be very afraid.
They can always head over to [deleted- MODERATOR] DRM-free ebooks are there in plenty.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-07-2014 at 03:25 PM.
mrmarlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 03:13 PM   #27
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

Mobileread will not tolerate members who encourage piracy.

Any further instance of such encouragement will result in a ban.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote