Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-17-2011, 11:05 PM   #1
MikeOxlittle
Say my name very fast ...
MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Syncing libraries between Bootcamp'd partitions?

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is software available or an easy way to synchronize the library between two partitions on a Bootcamp'd laptop.

I have my library on a Lion 10.7.2 partition but was getting tired of rebooting into OSX to have access to my library so copied the library onto a Windows 7 partition.

As my eBook collection grows by the day I'd like to keep both libraries synchronized as close as possible regardless of which particular partition I'm on at the time.

If I make a bunch of metadata changes on the Windows library and then switchover or add/remove books on the Mac library I'd like to keep them as close to each other as possible.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help.
MikeOxlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:31 AM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOxlittle View Post
Hi all,

I was wondering if there is software available or an easy way to synchronize the library between two partitions on a Bootcamp'd laptop.
Doing a quick Google gives me the impression that the file system drivers by Paragon (http://www.paragon-software.com/) are pretty well thought of. They have both an HFS+ driver for Windows and an NTFS driver for OSX, so you could go both ways.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:22 AM   #3
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
You can use dropbox or another cloud service it would sync your library just remember to check if it is synced before shutting and opening in another OS. I do it to sync across multiple computers but they are all Windows. You might get errors if Mac treats upper-case and lower-case as a separate in the filesystem
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:12 AM   #4
MikeOxlittle
MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the tips.

I thought of Dropbox but my library is currently at 7 gigs and I don't use Dropbox enough to justify the $10/month to upgrade for more space.

In the end I just decided to free up the space on my Windows partition and manage everything on one partition, less hassle with keeping everything synched with the minor annoyance of booting back and forth when needed.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:52 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
I thought of Dropbox but my library is currently at 7 gigs and I don't use Dropbox enough to justify the $10/month to upgrade for more space.
My library is also at 7GB, but my free Dropbox account has maxed out at 18.25GB.

Quote:
In the end I just decided to free up the space on my Windows partition and manage everything on one partition, less hassle with keeping everything synched with the minor annoyance of booting back and forth when needed.
I agree that this seems to be the best solution for what you want to accomplish.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:58 AM   #6
MikeOxlittle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
My library is also at 7GB, but my free Dropbox account has maxed out at 18.25GB.

Is that space increase just through referrals?
Old 11-21-2011, 06:04 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:

Is that space increase just through referrals?
Yes and no. Yes, the extra space is through referrals at 256megs for each referral, however if you give them a verified education email address (.edu email in the states) they will double your 256 to 512megs per referral. I was at 10.25GB of free space which was as high as I could go with regular referrals. Then I submitted and verified my .edu email address and instantly the 8GB of referrals doubled and I went from 10.25GB to 18.25GB of free space.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 11-21-2011 at 06:09 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:52 PM   #8
mcramer
Kiwi reader
mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad, iPhone
Just an FYI (and I've only just signed up so haven't used it) but box.net has 50GB until Dec 2nd.

The 50GB doen't seen to run out.

No idea if it works the same as dropbox, which is what I usually use, so YMMV.
mcramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:54 PM   #9
mcramer
Kiwi reader
mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad, iPhone
oops. seems to require the idevice app to sign up........

Sorry
mcramer is offline   Reply With Quote