Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-16-2014, 02:55 AM   #1
a_daley
Enthusiast
a_daley began at the beginning.

Device: None
Creating a Custom Column Link

I would like to add the author's website as a custom column and have an active link to open a new browser tab after clicking on the book details.

Ideally I would like to simply change the wikipedia reference when one clicks on the author's name, But I recognise that would take a lot more time and effort.

I don't want to simply enter it into the metadata text window where it will be overwritten when I wish to update reviews etc..
a_daley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:03 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Right click the author name in the tag browser or the book details panel and supply whatever link you want via the Manage author menu item.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2014, 03:21 AM   #3
a_daley
Enthusiast

Thank you Kovid for the quick reponse - even after a couple of years I am still learning more about Calibre every day....
Old 02-16-2014, 04:04 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_daley View Post
Thank you Kovid for the quick reponse - even after a couple of years I am still learning more about Calibre every day....
@a_daley - as well as web url, the link can be to a folder. Into which you can drop URL's to their website, wikiP page. publisher's page, amazon page, book review pages, and their obits. The folder might also include pictures, audio/visual interviews, and your own notes.

Some writers are more interesting in their own right, than are the books that they write

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 02-16-2014 at 04:19 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 04:59 AM   #5
a_daley
Enthusiast

@BR That is so true - some authors need to learn how to write... I have been playing around with doing exactly that which is one of the reasons I have been wondering what the python code would look like for creating multiple template links in a custom column...
Advert
Old 02-16-2014, 05:56 AM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_daley View Post
...I have been wondering what the python code would look like for creating multiple template links in a custom column...
Ugly I imagine :lol:

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote