Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-18-2013, 11:03 AM   #46
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's not a change - the "Aa" popup has always been displayed on the PW if you pinch to zoom in or out.
Every so oftene I would see that free floating aAa avpopup and couldn't figure out how I got it. I must have accidently pinched on the screen. Thanks for clearing up the mystery for me!
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:07 PM   #47
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
Every so oftene I would see that free floating aAa avpopup and couldn't figure out how I got it. I must have accidently pinched on the screen. Thanks for clearing up the mystery for me!
Yes, if you pinch (or whatever the opposite of a pinch is ) it zooms in (or out) by one size, but displays the popup to let you change the size to a different setting.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #48
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
After updating to PW Firmware 5.3.4 I notice that one of my Active Content programs, "Chess," now works. It had not worked until this upgrade. My other 2 Active Content programs were now rejected with a message that they are not compatible with the Paperwhite. I use all three on my Kindle WiFi Keyboard.

Up until now all three simply gave an error message saying I should contact Customer Support. I did that 4 months ago with a message that the PW Development Team should be informed. Evidently that finally worked.
Chess has been working for a while at least on my PW, in any case it is the app that needed to be updated (to use touch interface), not PW (mine is still on 5.3.3).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:09 PM   #49
Joseph R
Zealot
Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolina View Post
The "all items, books, periodicals, docs, active content" choice was already there on 5.3.3 so that's not new.
Then I stand corrected, thank you
Joseph R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:33 PM   #50
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Yes, if you pinch (or whatever the opposite of a pinch is )
hmm - opposite of pinch... punch ?
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:11 AM   #51
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Quote:
Hcnip of course
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:46 AM   #52
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
I thought it was....ixnay inchpay?
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:23 PM   #53
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Quote:
Yes, if you pinch (or whatever the opposite of a pinch is ) it zooms in (or out) by one size, but displays the popup to let you change the size to a different setting.
In this context the opposite of 'pinch' is 'spread'. See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unpinch...touch_gestures
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:30 AM   #54
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks - that makes sense.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:53 PM   #55
topper0764
topper0764 doesn't littertopper0764 doesn't littertopper0764 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle pw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-Jim View Post
While I didn't need to reinstall the jailbreak- I reinstalled the rescue pack and dev certs- I did have to reinstall the following:
  • Kindlet Jailbreak
  • Screensaver Hack - but not Python
  • USBNet
  • HackedUpReader

JBPatch doesn't currently work even after a reinstall.

KUAL seems to be working fine however.
reinstall usbnet does that mean I have to re install ssh wifi enable all over again
topper0764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:58 PM   #56
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by topper0764 View Post
reinstall usbnet does that mean I have to re install ssh wifi enable all over again
I didn't have to setup everything again; I just reinstalled usbnet and it worked. I use ssh over wifi.
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:00 AM   #57
topper0764
topper0764 doesn't littertopper0764 doesn't littertopper0764 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle pw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-Jim View Post
I didn't have to setup everything again; I just reinstalled usbnet and it worked. I use ssh over wifi.
Thx then it made the jailbreak upgrade much easier
topper0764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:13 PM   #58
palazzo
Enthusiast
palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I've had the PW for months and now I accidentally learn that pinching and, um, unpinching adjusts the font size! Is it just me?
palazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:17 PM   #59
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by palazzo View Post
I've had the PW for months and now I accidentally learn that pinching and, um, unpinching adjusts the font size! Is it just me?
Nope.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:15 AM   #60
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by palazzo View Post
I'd seriously suggest at least skimming through the user guide; it's full of useful information.