Old 03-10-2003, 08:03 AM   #1
dillon65
Connoisseur
dillon65 began at the beginning.

Device: TX
Red face

Setting up your iSilo to run with Windows Scheduler

Can someone who has Windows 98SE advise me, on the Run and Start lines below:

"C:\Program Files\iSilo\iSiloX\iSiloXC.exe" -x "C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\iSilo.ixl" -u

"C:\Program Files\iSilo\iSiloX\iSiloXC.exe"

This does not work for me what I am doing wrong.

I have modified the run to the following, and it still does not work, please see the following:

"C:\Program Files\iSilo\iSiloX\iSiloXC.exe" -x "C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\extractions_wcc.ixl" -u

I also tried the batch download. If there is a anyone that can help me let me know
Download attachment
RuniSilo.bat ( Number of downloads: 2 )

dillon65
Old 03-10-2003, 11:34 AM   #2
gvtexas
Addict
gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Clie TH55
Quote:
Originally posted by dillon65@Mar 10 2003, 07:03 AM
Change this start in line to this:

"C:\Program Files\iSilo\iSiloX"

or try it thus:

"C:\Program Files\iSilo\iSiloX\"

Can't remember if you need the trailing slash or not.
Advert
Old 03-10-2003, 01:09 PM   #3
extraction
extraction began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten T
dillon -

Are you using your own custom named .ixl file (ex. "dillons.ixl" or whatever) ??

You have referred to "iSilo.ixl" and "extractions_wcc.ixl" in your example, both of which were similarly examples in previous posts.

Good luck.

Old 03-10-2003, 01:23 PM   #4
dillon65
Connoisseur

Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by extraction@Mar 10 2003, 11:09 AM
dillon -

Are you using your own custom named .ixl file (ex. "dillons.ixl" or whatever) ??

You have referred to "iSilo.ixl" and "extractions_wcc.ixl" in your example, both of which were similarly examples in previous posts.

Good luck.

Hello extraction:

Take a look at the following:

"C:\Program Files\iSilo\iSiloX\iSiloXC.exe" -x "C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\extractions_wcc.ixl" -u

is it suppose to be dillon_wcc.ixl" -u, if I put my surname are you saying this will work?

Thanks for all your helpPPPPPPPPPPP

dillon65
Old 03-10-2003, 03:29 PM   #5
extraction

No -

Just wanted to double-check that you were referencing
an .ixl file that existed on YOUR computer...
Advert
Old 03-10-2003, 03:49 PM   #6
dillon65
Connoisseur

Red face

Extraction I found this thread that you wrote below, I use windows 98SE

"C:\Program Files\iSilo\iSiloX\iSiloXC.exe" -x "C:\Documents and Settings\Extraction\Desktop\extractions_wcc.ixl" -u

Startline
"C:\Program Files\iSilo\iSiloX\iSiloXC.exe" -x "C:\Windows\All User\Desktop\iSilo.ixl" -u
Runline
does my user name go! run line or start line?
Old 03-10-2003, 04:16 PM   #7
captainao
Enthusiast
captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Axim x51v;T|X;NX73;SEK750
Dillon-
I received your message, and it seems like we need to take a step back based on the above. As extraction indicates above, you need to reference a .ixl that exists on your computer. In other words, before starting to schedule ISilo, let's get it workng manually first with ISiloX.
Have you done this (used ISiloX to successfully download channels you are interested in and transfer them to your Palm)? If not, you'll need to visit ISilo or other parts of this board to get the basics down.
If you have done this, then then you should be able to run "C:\Program Files\iSilo\iSiloX\iSiloXC.exe" -x "C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\iSilo.ixl" -u assuming that you have installed ISiloXC in the C:\Program Files\ISilo\ISiloX directory on your computer _and_ you have a file named iSilo.ixl on your desktop. If you've got ISiloXC in the right place, then you can modify the path to the iSilo file you're using successfully with ISiloX
Hope this helps
Old 03-10-2003, 05:16 PM   #8
dillon65
Connoisseur

Captainao:

1) I did create the follwing: C:\isilo_converted,

2) C:\Program Files\iSilo\iSiloX

2a) C:\Program Files\iSilo\iSiloXC

3) All of my conversion work for the htmls' that I have chosen, using a depth (2)

I have done everything else but the following:

a file named iSilo.ixl on your desktop. How do I find or create iSilo.ixl this file, and put it on my desktop.

Thanks dillon65
Old 03-10-2003, 09:13 PM   #9
extraction

dillon -

Sounds like you are successfully converting individual files from the master channel list, but have not created your own '"custom" favo(u)rite channel list...

The main file you d/l from Turcic is named something like wcc100.ixl (after it is unzipped) - and normally you would have it on your desktop within the iSiloX program icon.

From this MASTER list of convertible web channels, I have created several sub-lists of my favorites...

Some channels are updated daily (CNN,AccuWeather, etc), and some weekly (JADA, ActiveWin, etc). To each of these sub-lists I have given names ( for example daily.ixl, weekly.ixl)...

To create a custom .ixl file(s) of YOUR favorites ...

1)double-click your iSiloX icon on your desktop, this should open with the "master" Turcic
channel l;ist (wcc110.ixl) document displayed...

2)minimize this

3)double-click the iSiloX icon again, now select "NEW" from the menu bar, this should reveal a blank iSiloX document

3a) minimize this

4)maximize the original list, and choose which custom file(s) you want by highlighting them

5)once a desired channel is selected click on the "copy" icon on the toolbar

6)re-open your blank ("NEW").ixl document and click the 'paste" icon on the toolbar

7) continue as necessary until you have all your favorites you want updated daily into your "NEW" document...

8) Select " Save As" and give this NEW .ixl document a name... lets say for example you choose to call it "dillon65.ixl" [without the quotes] (you can name it anything - "turcic.ixl", "radiohead.ixl", "whatever.ixl", etc...)

9)You should now see an icon for dillon65.ixl on your desktop...

10) Create additional "custom" .ixl's as you wish following the above...

NOW your Scheduled Task should automatically go to this folder and update ("convert") these channels according to whatever schedule you desire...

We will assume your Run: line would be...

"C:\Program Files\iSilo\iSiloX\iSiloXC.exe" -x "C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\dillon65.ixl" -u

We will similary assume your Start In : line will be...

(WITH the quotes)

N.B. I have Windows XP so Desktop is located under C:\Documents and Settings\Extraction\Desktop, which means I have to change the Run: line accordingly...

I am not sure of the exact hierarchy for Windows 98 SE, but according to sUnShInE's seminal "Pinned : New Instructions: Using Windows Scheduler" thread it should be as you have it...

See the above thread or my "Windows XP and iSiloXC" thread for more (exhaustive) details

P.S. My daughter likes your avatar

Old 03-10-2003, 09:38 PM   #10
dillon65
Connoisseur

Angry

Extraction:

I found that file wwc110, and I zipped it opened to the desktop, then I deleted it and zipped it again in the C:\Program Files\iSilo\iSiloXisiloX. where should I put the zip file? it does not have the extension .ixl

is this correct.

is the original list wwc110?

P.S. please tell your daughter thank you, however at the moment I really don't feel like dancing until I master this unresloved matter, then I will dance!

dillon65
Old 03-10-2003, 10:03 PM   #11
extraction

Assuming you have UNzipped it onto the desktop - you should then see a file named "wcc110.ixl" on your Desktop...

The zipped file you can delete at this point or save for archival reasons if you like - mine is in the "My Documents" folder...

If you "deleted it" after unzipping to the Desktop,as you stated, I do not understand how you then unzipped to the "Program Files\iSilo\iSiloX\iSiloXC.exe" [I assume this is what you mean - erroneous path listed in your post]

...nonetheless you don't need to unzip it to this path anyways, as long as it's there on the Desktop you're ready to modify this and create your own custom list from there as outlined above...

The original file I d/l was the VFS version... "WCC_VFS.zip" - I use WinAce archiver not WinZip, but I don't think this should make a difference, also since you are successfully converting individual channels we know it is there and it works...your issue is with Scheduler...

Old 03-10-2003, 10:23 PM   #12
dillon65
Connoisseur

Hello Extraction:

First let me say Thank you,

"c:\WINDOWS\Desktop\dillon65.ixl" -u is this how my start line should end.

I first zipped the wcc110 to the desktop, then I deleted it zipped it again to the
C:\Program Files\iSilo\iSiloX, I know this is wrong, I will zip it to the desktop. Then follow your previous instructions. Please take a look at the startline it's the second parts that messing me up. If I save as dillon65, then Guardian News do I allways have to come back and change the end of the startline eg, Guardian News.ixl" -u?

If I had to programme my next heart beat, I will surely die!

dillon65
Old 03-10-2003, 10:35 PM   #13
dillon65
Connoisseur

Hell Extraction:

I can almost see the end of the tunnel, being British, I chose guardian, and saved it as News. The saved icon did appear on my Desktop.

now do I go to the start line in the windows Scheduler and at the end call it news.ixl" -u or do I use my hotsync name?

On the ixl for guardian, the Destination says C:\isilo_converted should this be, or should it have my hotsync user name.

thanks

dillon65

P.s. your name suites you, extracting the truth when the full knowledge is no where to be found! (Laugh)
Old 03-10-2003, 11:08 PM   #14
extraction

Yes - you would change the Run: line to reference "news.ixl " - this is a custom .ixl you have created. Your hotsync name does not have to be included.

Windows Scheduler follows the path you give it to carry out its task, what you're doing is telling to go to your Desktop and convert the item(s) in your specific .ixl file you have created (news.ixl) using the iSiloX\XC programs.

My destinations all list <my hotsync name>(External Memory Card) [where <my hotsync name> is my actual Palm user name] as the converted files then go directly to the card when I sync without the added step of addiing them manually to the HotSync conduit

Try to set Scheduler for a one-time task like in a few minutes , see if it works

Anyhow I will have to contain my suspense until tomorrow as it is quite late here and I must retire (trying to sound British) > - - Good Luck

Old 03-11-2003, 01:08 AM   #15
dillon65
Connoisseur

This is my Final Answer, I diddddddddddddddddddd ittttttttttttttttttttttttt,

Question, new.ixl, got put in the iSilo_converted file, should this be? I wasn't happy so I tried Slate, but this time I changed the destination to my hotsync name, and guest what it WORKED!

If I ever win a Million Dollars, I'm coming to look for you, I promise you!

Your step-by-step really helped, thanks for sticking with me.

We have made a template for all the other little kittens to follow.

I how can I change the destination permanently?
Does those little icons news.ixl Guardian.ixl have to stay on the desktop?
The wcc110.ixl destination shows iSilo_converted, can this be changed.

dillon65