Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-25-2011, 08:46 PM   #1
Drew93
Drew93 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch & Amazon Kindle 3
Nook hacked blocked?

My nook now is blocked on the stand by page and i can't do anything. I try to click on the n button and the turn on.off button but nothing. I also try to connect it with the computer but it doesn't do anything. How i can restart it or simply unlock??
Drew93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:43 PM   #2
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
It may be a dead battery. What happens if you plug the USB into the charger or leave it plugged into your computer for about 15-30 minutes?
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2011, 03:47 AM   #3
Drew93

Nono the battery was half. It recharge only!
Old 07-26-2011, 06:02 AM   #4
Drew93

I search in internet and now i now that it is frozen but there aren't method to unlock it!
Old 07-26-2011, 02:38 PM   #5
linux_author
Connoisseur
linux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Nook Touch, N800
let the nook run down, then attempt a recharge... if the AC adapter is not working, recharge using a USB port...

then try to power up... you can then try a full recovery: press and hold left and right lower buttons during startup and wait for prompt... press home twice to confirm...

note: i have not done this on my rooted nook; also, you don't say whether or not the Nook's drive(s) appear on your computer if plugged in via USB
linux_author is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2011, 04:37 PM   #6
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Removed by author

Last edited by 6charlong; 07-26-2011 at 04:40 PM.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:28 AM   #7
Drew93

I understand but the problem is that i can't turn off the device
Old 07-27-2011, 06:03 AM   #8
linux_author
Connoisseur
linux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Nook Touch, N800
let it run down first

alternatively, you could just try returning the unit?

Last edited by linux_author; 07-27-2011 at 06:20 AM.
linux_author is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:30 AM   #9
Drew93

No i can't send the device because i'm in italy and for send it in america there are too many problems xd but it will pass 1 month for run down it...uff
Old 07-29-2011, 06:45 AM   #10
Drew93

Any other advice??
Old 07-30-2011, 07:39 AM   #11
Drew93

I resolve it ha low battery and so it didn't responds to me! When i charge it goes