Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-13-2011, 10:29 PM   #1
mnfe
Connoisseur
mnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with othersmnfe plays well with others

Device: none
Frozen Nook

Please help me rescue my nook. I use it every day and I already miss it.

Last night I connected my nook to my laptop to transfer a book. I couldn't get it to show up, but my laptop was acting wonky and sometimes ADE does too. So I didn't think anything of it and just put it away. Today I went to read it, and saw that the screen was still showing a page rather than having gone to sleep. The time also shows last night. I tried holding down the power button, then removing the battery. Then removing the battery AND holding down the power button, then holding down the power button again once the battery was in. Plus all of that with it plugged in as well. The battery is definitely charged, the frozen screen shows the battery bar almost all the way full.

Any other things to try before I call tech support?
mnfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:11 AM   #2
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
You might try connecting it to a computer that isn't "acting wonky." I mean, perhaps connecting it to a faulty computer has left it in a bad state. Connecting it to a good computer and ejecting it properly might help it. Might not, of course, but worth a try.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert