Old 03-17-2010, 10:41 AM   #226
Zipr
Zealot
Zipr began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattP View Post
Turkey is in Europe,
Only one corner of one city (Istanbul). The bulk of Turkey is in Asia. The Bosphorus divides Istanbul between 2 continents.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:58 PM   #227
MattP
MattP began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
your point is irrelevant to this discussion.
matter of fact, Turkey is in Europe or not is not my problem. However, Turkish teams play with European competitions, Turkey qualifies to enter World Cup from the European division, Turkey is a candidate for EU membership -regardless of the fate of the process, member of the European Common Market, Turkey has a common history with Europe, having once known as the sick man of Europe. Turkey has other cities in physical Europe, not only half of Istanbul.
Now a Japanese can oppose to your point that Turkey is actually in Asia by referring to all of these facts. Does Turkey have more in common with Europe or with Asia?
so what's your point?
Now I will tell you one thing: if Turkey was not populated by Turks, the land of Anatolia would be accepted as Europe without any question. What makes Europe is not geography; it is a cultural concept.
So next time with your ebook, why don't you download some books on cultural imagination of Europe and read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipr View Post
Only one corner of one city (Istanbul). The bulk of Turkey is in Asia. The Bosphorus divides Istanbul between 2 continents.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:07 PM   #228
MattP

if you are disturbed with this discussion, you simply don't read it. who forces you to read these messages. I have a valid, justified observation about consistent kindle unavailability in Muslim countries across different regions. I simply raised this question here. Let amazon give its own answer, you don't have to be their unpaid spokesperson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
and there ya' go. the infrastructure won't support it. enough with the Amazon bashing
Old 03-17-2010, 04:11 PM   #229
MattP

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaidshaban View Post
HansTWN - yes i agree with you my friend but even in the countries (not iran) you have mentioned they have also an open minded people along with the other people ;-) any way i agree with you for sure specially (why don't they sell in Singapore? Government's attitudes will definitely play a big role. And the question of why they have no agent in the Middle East still remains, there is a reason they decided not to. Which comes back to our original discussion) and by the way i didnt mean be my last msg that you are criticies islam i thought (Maybe) you dont know our area so i would clear some things for you,
am originally from jordan and most of the censored books in the world you will defnetly find in jordan ;-)

final word, i respect your openion 100% am sorry if you got me wrong i didnt mean any thing, and as for Lady Chatterly's lover (am talking about my country ofcourse) if you are above 18 no one will interfer or even ask about your reading,

cheers my friend and sorry again
no customer service in the Middle East? how about Malaysia and Indonesia that are not in the Middle East. how about Israel that can download e-books to their pc. I think there are two level unavailability:
1. kindle.
2. kindle books. Israel and S. Korea can download books but cannot be shipped kindles.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:28 PM   #230
Zipr
Zealot
Zipr began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
Quote:
your point is irrelevant to this discussion.
matter of fact, Turkey is in Europe or not is not my problem.

So next time with your ebook, why don't you download some books on cultural imagination of Europe and read.
Wow, get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning? 3 angry posts in a row!
Old 03-17-2010, 04:30 PM   #231
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
if you are disturbed with this discussion, you simply don't read it. who forces you to read these messages. I have a valid, justified observation about consistent kindle unavailability in Muslim countries across different regions. I simply raised this question here. Let amazon give its own answer, you don't have to be their unpaid spokesperson.
this discussion doesn't bother me at all. disinformation however pisses me right the f*ck off. we now have secure knowledge that the infrastructure will not support whispernet in some of these countries and it has nothing to do with policies at Amazon. truth hurts 'eh?
Old 03-17-2010, 04:45 PM   #232
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
The original question has been answered, so I am closing this thread.

pshrynk (moderator)
Closed Thread

Tags
censorship, international, islam, kindle, muslim