Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-06-2008, 04:45 PM   #61
batpuppy
Connoisseur
batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 , Samsung TabA 8.0, Kindle fire 7.0
Yeah I love to see an update for the 500 even if its a limited update but I don't expect to see one. As far as how this will affect my future buying decision, it might. I am leaning more toward going back to a real small laptop or table PC next time.
batpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:08 PM   #62
silencer
silencer began at the beginning.

Device: prs505
I just purchased the 505, partly because sony looks after their product. Don't prove me wrong by letting down everyone that bought the 500
silencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 04:11 AM   #63
otterman
otterman began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500/PRS-700/iPhone 3G (overhyped)
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE Sony! Updating the 500 would be awesome for us and an excellent PR gesture. It can only help to spread the word about the PRS devices. Thank you!
otterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:07 AM   #64
prom king
Sloshed
prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.prom king ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sony PRS-500
Is it possible to give Sony some suggestions of what they should include in new software updates?
prom king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:06 AM   #65
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
We got a response from Sony. They're offering a $100 trade in credit on the PRS-500. There won't be an update.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:38 AM   #66
iacchi
Zealot
iacchi is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS-500; Boox C67ML; Boox Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
We got a response from Sony. They're offering a $100 trade in credit on the PRS-500. There won't be an update.
What this means? I have to give them my 500 back and they give me a discount of 100$? I have to prove that I have a 500?
Is this discount effective only if I buy from SonyStyle? You know, I live in Italy and I have to buy from B&H...
iacchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:42 AM   #67
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
You can find more info here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27451
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:15 AM   #68
Lord KiRon
Connoisseur
Lord KiRon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
That's bad , this way they "cut off" all the non-US users (and there are many).
I would like to upgrade but I am not living in US making exchange impossible
Lord KiRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:28 AM   #69
seveng
seveng began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Palm Pre
There are a lot of us here with brick and mortar SonyStyle stores nearby. I can't vouch for others, but I'd be happy to do a walk-in trade-in for anyone who can live without their reader during shipping.

--Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord KiRon View Post
That's bad , this way they "cut off" all the non-US users (and there are many).
I would like to upgrade but I am not living in US making exchange impossible
seveng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:33 AM   #70
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
There's always eBay, which should net you at least that...
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 11:57 AM   #71
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by seveng View Post
There are a lot of us here with brick and mortar SonyStyle stores nearby. I can't vouch for others, but I'd be happy to do a walk-in trade-in for anyone who can live without their reader during shipping.

--Jake
You can order a reader first, get it, then ship back the 500... Sony is making it pretty easy.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:52 PM   #72
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Sweet sweet success!

Anyone who reads this thread: there is now a firmware upgrade offered by Sony that allows for EPUB and 64 bit support! Linky.
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote