Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 02:44 PM   #1066
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Add this to your personal.ini under section [dramione.org]:

Code:
cover_exclusion_regexp:/images/.*?ribbon.gif
That will suppress the ribbon being used as a cover image. I'll include that in defaults.ini in the next version, too.

The ribbon will still appear in the summary, however.

In that particular story, the banner images you refer to are in the individual chapter descriptions. FFDL doesn't pick up chapter descriptions, so it doesn't automatically use any of those images. If you look, I expect you'll find that the stories that do pick up those images automatically also have them in the chapter text.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:55 PM   #1067
dailyalice
Geek of All Trades
dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle Oasis (3rd gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Add this to your personal.ini under section [dramione.org]:

Code:
That will suppress the ribbon being used as a cover image. I'll include that in defaults.ini in the next version, too.

The ribbon will still appear in the summary, however.
Thanks!

Well, the ribbon is fairly harmless in the summary so no big deal. I don't use dramione much either so doing some manual tweaking of metadata is also not a big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
In that particular story, the banner images you refer to are in the individual chapter descriptions. FFDL doesn't pick up chapter descriptions, so it doesn't automatically use any of those images. If you look, I expect you'll find that the stories that do pick up those images automatically also have them in the chapter text.
Ah, true. Good point. I see other stories from the site have the banners elsewhere and they're picked up fine as cover art and not in the story summary.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #1068
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
I have a site request. I couldn't find this anywhere on the supported sites page, so I hope I'm not making a duplicate request.
http://inkstain.inkquill.net/
Ink Stained Fingers archive /Harry Potter Slash/
Old 11-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #1069
iatheia
Zealot
iatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle 3, Icarus Illumina XL, Boyue T62
Not automated - just html pages. Plus, webrings creep me out.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:31 AM   #1070
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
Thanks.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:37 AM   #1071
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm. I thought I replied, too.

inkstain.inkquill.net does not appear to have most of the metadata FFDL usually collects, nor is there any differentiation between stories and images. And the last update was 09/30/2011.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:34 PM   #1072
Linwe
Enthusiast
Linwe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle & Kindle 4
I didn't find this site listed anywhere on the supported (or unsupportable) list, and I have no idea if it'd be possible, but could the site www.dotmoon.net be considered?
Old 11-30-2012, 12:20 AM   #1073
iatheia
Zealot
iatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle 3, Icarus Illumina XL, Boyue T62
I suppose. Older text based stories wouldn't be supported, but php section is doable. I'll try to get this one as well as potterfics.com done soon, but it may have to wait after I get all term papers in.
I would appreciate more suggestions, though, so I would be able to go on a coding spree later.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:59 PM   #1074
dailyalice
Geek of All Trades
dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!dailyalice rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle Oasis (3rd gen)
So I tried the suggested code in my personal.ini to exclude the redribbon.gif as a cover image at dramione, but the plug-in is still downloading it as a cover image. (I tried both with updating the stories and with removing them entirely from library and re-downloading just in case that was the issue. Did some other futzing too that I don't exactly recall.)

Just FYI, it's not urgent, but I don't know how well this option is or is not working for anyone else either.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:23 PM   #1075
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailyalice View Post
So I tried the suggested code in my personal.ini to exclude the redribbon.gif as a cover image at dramione, but the plug-in is still downloading it as a cover image. (I tried both with updating the stories and with removing them entirely from library and re-downloading just in case that was the issue. Did some other futzing too that I don't exactly recall.)

Just FYI, it's not urgent, but I don't know how well this option is or is not working for anyone else either.
I only have one redribbon story to check (http://dramione.org/viewstory.php?sid=1) and cover_exclusion_regexp works for me there with:

Code:
[dramione.org]
username:XXXX
password:XXXX

Without more information--story URLs it's happening on and a copy of your personal.ini (passwords removed)--I can't help you any further.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:01 PM   #1076
FaceDeer
Connoisseur
FaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Touch
If you're thinking of going on a coding spree soon, I've got a minor feature idea that you might like to slip in. Would it be possible to have a setting to tell FFDL not to convert or recompress images into jpeg and instead just copy them as-is? I encountered a png diagram near the end of the last chapter of Flight of the Alicorn that got turned into a solid black square by FFDL, presumably because transparency was used in the original png to produce the not-black parts of the diagram and the jpeg converter just stripped off the alpha channel.

Also I just get a little bit twitchy about lossy compression in general and would prefer to have "archive-quality" copies of fanfics stashed away, regardless of the filesize or the strain large images may put on lower-end ebook readers. But since it's just me being twitchy I wasn't going to bother you until I hit this more practical example of compression causing problems.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #1077
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@FaceDeer,

It's already in there. By default, it's only used for HTML format, but you can use for specific sites or for epubs, too.
Code:
## This switch prevents FFDL from doing any processing on the images.
## Usually they would be converted to jpg, resized and optionally made
## grayscale.
no_image_processing: true
However, I've also made note that I should look and see if I can make the png to jpg conversion handle transparency better.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:13 PM   #1078
FaceDeer
Connoisseur
FaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Touch
Spiffy, thanks! I've looked for this option several times, I can't believe I didn't see it.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:37 PM   #1079
djrm
Enthusiast
djrm began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini 4, iPhone 6s
Totally digging the Reject feature!

Was wondering if you could add the ability to have FFDL choose the Series that's in Calibre if it is valued, even if FFDL downloads a series title from the site? I have a few stories where the author considers the 1st in the series as book 0, but the site that they post on forces the series to be numbered as 1. I use the 0 in Calibre, but FFDL displays it as 1 on the title page of the story.

Thanks for considering.

DJRM
Old 12-03-2012, 12:52 AM   #1080
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrm View Post
Was wondering if you could add the ability to have FFDL choose the Series that's in Calibre if it is valued, even if FFDL downloads a series title from the site? I have a few stories where the author considers the 1st in the series as book 0, but the site that they post on forces the series to be numbered as 1. I use the 0 in Calibre, but FFDL displays it as 1 on the title page of the story.
Go to FFDL config, the Standard Columns tab, check Series New Only. The title page inside will still show the series as set by the site, though.
Closed Thread