Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you have pets? Which one(s)?
No!!!!! 6 5.66%
No. 7 6.60%
Dog(s) 52 49.06%
Cat(s) 60 56.60%
Bird(s) 7 6.60%
Turtle(s) 1 0.94%
Fish 7 6.60%
Rodent(s) 4 3.77%
Other(s) not listed here 11 10.38%
PORTUGAL!!! 8 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-03-2009, 02:25 PM   #1
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Do you have pets?

Do you have pets? Which and how many?

I bet there are more "cat persons" than "dog persons" here. :P

(I've made the poll multichoice and public)

Last edited by Over; 06-03-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:26 PM   #2
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
18 cats and 2 dogs
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2009, 02:31 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Like this one?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ight=dogs+cats
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:31 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Germany?
Old 06-03-2009, 02:34 PM   #5
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
18 cats and 2 dogs
Wow! Are you doing an eeeevil experiment with your dogs?

Just kidding, my cat is the "mother" of 6 dogs. Who says cats and dogs can't get along?

But I can see you're a "cat person".
Advert
Old 06-03-2009, 02:35 PM   #6
Over
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Ooops. I missed that one
Old 06-03-2009, 02:50 PM   #7
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
Wow! Are you doing an eeeevil experiment with your dogs?

Just kidding, my cat is the "mother" of 6 dogs. Who says cats and dogs can't get along?

But I can see you're a "cat person".
Nope, my dogs are just part wolf, and were therefore subject to being euthanized where I was living. So, since I needed more room (to rescue more cats) anyway, I moved to where my doggies ancestry would not put them at risk.

I probably wouldn't have had any dogs at all, but these two really needed a home out of harm's way and FAST.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:54 PM   #8
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Nope, my dogs are just part wolf, and were therefore subject to being euthanized where I was living. So, since I needed more room (to rescue more cats) anyway, I moved to where my doggies ancestry would not put them at risk.

I probably wouldn't have had any dogs at all, but these two really needed a home out of harm's way and FAST.
:applauds:

And I mean that - that is soo cool - the dogs first and then all the cat rescuing
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:55 PM   #9
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh and I have one cat - I grew up with cats and dogs but being a working singleton I got a cat and have had at least one cat ever since
Old 06-03-2009, 03:00 PM   #10
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
This topic keeps showing up in my rambles...I've been told on another forum that I have the pronouns wrong, the cats own ME. I suppose you could say we cohabit with three felines and make everyone happy. Oh, wait, no...that won't work. The Siamese thinks he's human...
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:05 PM   #11
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peverel View Post
:applauds:

And I mean that - that is soo cool - the dogs first and then all the cat rescuing
Heh .... I wish my allergist agreed with you. I'm horribly allergic to dogs and cats both. Hence all the constant housework and painting and washing of everything.

I started rescuing handicapped and sick cats way back in 1992. The idea was that I'd only have them a short time, sort of be like a hospice for them. The problem was, once they got a taste of the good life, they just kept on living for years and years.

Not kidding ... my first rescue was only supposed to live another two weeks, max. I had him for eight more years.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:08 PM   #12
Peverel
Still Easily Confused

Quote:
Heh .... I wish my allergist agreed with you. I'm horribly allergic to dogs and cats both. Hence all the constant housework and painting and washing of everything.

I started rescuing handicapped and sick cats way back in 1992. The idea was that I'd only have them a short time, sort of be like a hospice for them. The problem was, once they got a taste of the good life, they just kept on living for years and years.

Not kidding ... my first rescue was only supposed to live another two weeks, max. I had him for eight more years.
OK when I get old and ill I want to go live at Ricky's
Old 06-03-2009, 03:11 PM   #13
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

I have one cat......and if I could find a home for him......he'd be gone.

Trouble is, he spits and howls at anyone coming in the house. Family, strangers, it doesn't matter. NO ONE would want this cat.

Taking him to the vet was an experience. He screamed so loud they had to sedate him thru the carrier. The first time I thought it was just the smells........but no, each time he's done the same thing.

We have changed vets twice. Neither have invited us back.

When alone with us, he's okay. Unless he's in a mood for a foot sandwich.

stupid cat.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:29 PM   #14
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
One in-house cat (rescued stray) and currently giving safe haven to another stray and her 6 newborn kittens (see avatar image). When we finish our "country home" we plan on having many dogs and cats. When we moved to Greece (14 yrs ago) we couldn't bear to leave our 2 dogs - so we brought 'em with us.
I believe that they learned the Greek language faster than I did !
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:04 PM   #15
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
I have one cat......and if I could find a home for him......he'd be gone.

Trouble is, he spits and howls at anyone coming in the house. Family, strangers, it doesn't matter. NO ONE would want this cat.

Taking him to the vet was an experience. He screamed so loud they had to sedate him thru the carrier. The first time I thought it was just the smells........but no, each time he's done the same thing.

We have changed vets twice. Neither have invited us back.

When alone with us, he's okay. Unless he's in a mood for a foot sandwich.

stupid cat.
My Morgan was like that for the first seven years that I had her (she was eight when I got her). She has calmed down a lot in the last year (she used to attack anyone who tried to touch her). She's still a hellion at the vet. The last time I had to take her in (she had a urinary tract infection and I had to go on a trip), they weren't able to clean out her cage until I got back. Then I walked over to her cage, opened it up, picked her up (she started purring like mad), and they just all stood there and stared with their mouths wide open.

The thing they didn't realize is, it took me at least two years of constant work with her to get her to trust me. Another few years before she trusted the other cats, and a few more to get her to understand that I wouldn't let anyone in the door that was going to hurt her. Now, if I could just get her to see that the vet is not her sworn enemy.

Nah, not going to happen.