Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-29-2009, 03:37 PM   #1
rltedford
rltedford began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
playing Mp3

All right I have read the instruction manual, looked through the forum I have hooked up my Kindle 2 by the USB cable and then copy my mp3 files to the music folder. Then I hit alt button and space bar for it to play no luck ok what am I not doing help.
rltedford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:39 PM   #2
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Ummm... do you have your headphones plugged in? The Kindle doesn't have any speakers. Also, if you do have the headphones plugged in, have you pressed the volume up button?
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2009, 04:42 PM   #3
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
The Kindle does have speakers (they're on the back). However, the volume could be turned all the way down.

This is a Kindle 2, right? For Kindle 1, the shortcut is Alt/P instead of Alt/Space.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:24 PM   #4
rltedford

playing mp3

Yes it is a kindle 2 and yes it has speakers and I checked the volumn and the instructions read alt/spacebar to play and stop HELP
Old 05-29-2009, 10:29 PM   #5
rltedford

playing mp3

Never mind it works
Advert
Old 05-29-2009, 10:57 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by rltedford View Post
Never mind it works
Great! Now tell us what you did to make it work........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 02:08 AM   #7
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Well darn -- I never noticed that my Kindle has a speaker.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:48 AM   #8
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
The Kindle DX's speakers are on the bottom edge, even more hidden.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote