Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-17-2011, 11:48 AM   #16
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Not trying to hijack the thread <slap my fingers>, but do I understand it right that once the purchase has gone through (like it would if I do it while in USA), I can download even when back in Europe (or Canada or Oz)?
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:43 PM   #17
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
Not trying to hijack the thread <slap my fingers>, but do I understand it right that once the purchase has gone through (like it would if I do it while in USA), I can download even when back in Europe (or Canada or Oz)?
Yes. Publishers only restrict the selling of books. As soon as the books are bought and in your B&N library they can be downloaded anywhere in the world.

The same is true for magazine and newspaper subscriptions. You need the VPN to buy a subscription. But after you have bought the subscription, new copies of the magazine/newspaper will be downloaded to your Nook anywhere in the world.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2011, 05:04 PM   #18
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Can you get a VPN thing happening on the nook (assuming its rooted)?
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:56 PM   #19
ibdave
ibdave began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae.flood View Post
ibdave, not that i'm doubting you, but you're the first person to give me all the answers i want to hear...waaaayy too good to be true! lol I've had such a hard time getting a straight forward answer (or atleast one i've liked-or wanted to hear) lol

Thanks a bunch for that!!!
You're welcome. I was told by BN contact email that the NOOK was not available in Canada. I live in Hamilton so can spit to Buffalo (almost ) so I just went over and bought one. If you walk into a BN store with the nook charged up and turned on, it lights up like a christmas tree - up dates operating system, tells you about specials yada yada. It works great borrowing ebooks from the public library and no such thing as overdue and late fees
ibdave is offline   Reply With Quote