Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-15-2010, 01:11 PM   #166
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
By the way, one likely cause of my success so far is that I've fully embraced the change in my eating habits. In the past 8 months, I've had a total of two small pizzas, two small burgers, one order fries, no cheese dip with chips, no sodas, and very little other unhealthy stuff. That's a 180 degree turn for me. I just got back from lunch where I had lentil salad (fabulous!), chickpeas with dill (fabulous!), and another salad made with wheat, mushrooms, and chickpeas (fabulous!). It's interesting how you can learn to like things if you spend the time looking for and trying different healthy alternatives. Climb on board!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:40 PM   #167
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Things are continuing in the same vein - slow, steady decline in weight. I'm down another few pounds since August, and should hit my target weight (11 stone / 154 lbs / 70kg) in February or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Well, so far things are going quite well. Since June I'm down another six pounds/3 kilos. Since I started in April, I'm down 11 pounds/5 kilos.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2010, 01:54 PM   #168
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Things are continuing in the same vein - slow, steady decline in weight. I'm down another few pounds since August, and should hit my target weight (11 stone / 154 lbs / 70kg) in February or so.
What is your height?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:17 PM   #169
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
What is your height?
1.8m (5'11"). I'm aiming for a BMI of a little under 22. (70/(1.8*1.8) = 21.6)

I'm not very muscular, and that will leave me about where I was when I was in my early twenties (about 25 years ago!), my weight having slowly crept up over time.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:51 PM   #170
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
I'm going to give it a shot as well, I really could stand to lose about 20 pounds or so. My problem is I have such a sweet tooth. My wife is afraid to send me to the store alone as I come back with cookies, donuts, chips, etc...
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2010, 06:29 PM   #171
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
diet be buggered! I have put on two kilos (averaging up and down) since June. I guess I have lost one in the past month, which really means I put on three kilos and lost one.

I feel fatter than ever!
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:55 PM   #172
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I'm still working on this but I've lost 52 lbs. since early April. Currently at 164 lbs. I have another 10 or so more to lose. But I feel great! Any other updates?
I've lost about 10kg/22lb in the last two months. I'm still a way from my goal, nudging halfway, but it's now looking feasible. A week ago I passed the lowest I've weighed since the seachange 3 years ago. My goal will make me about the same weight I was when I started work 23 years ago (age 17).

Christmas may put a wiggle in the trend, but I will be minimizing it.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:31 PM   #173
screwballl
NewKindler
screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3 Wifi
I know my wife has been doing the low carb diet, which I do not mind since a good majority of my food intake is meat anyways. Of course I have been same height and weight since I got married (6'5" and around 210 lbs).
screwballl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:37 AM   #174
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
1.8m (5'11"). I'm aiming for a BMI of a little under 22. (70/(1.8*1.8) = 21.6)

I'm not very muscular, and that will leave me about where I was when I was in my early twenties (about 25 years ago!), my weight having slowly crept up over time.
Very impressive.
180 - 70. I think it is a perfect ratio.
I remember I have read somewhere, that you have to subtract 110 from your height if you are of an average(normal) built. There are a few variables that affect this equation. None structure is one of them. There are people with narrow, normal and wide bones.
I have never ever been that slim in my entire life.
My body would not allow me. There was a period of time when I was working for 4 year on factory. 8-12 hours shifts hard physical work. I was running 5 times per week 5 km. If it was night shift (23.00-07.00)I would run before. If it was morning (06.00-16.00) or afternoon (15.00-23.00) after the shift. Plus some 15-20 minutes exercising after the running. Tough life? Well I was very young 23-27. Any luck to achieve this proportion? Not even close.
I am 174-5cm and I weighted 76kg! I am wide boned creature, so what? I have this weight of 76-78 since I turned 21
Old 12-17-2010, 04:42 AM   #175
astra
The Introvert

While we are on weight, slimness subject look at this young woman. Please forget about her artificial breasts (they are so out of place on her absolutely perfect body). Look at the rest of her body.

WOW!
WOW!WOW!!
WOW!WOW!!WOW!!!

For me it is like Science Fiction. How could anybody achieve such perfection?
Old 12-17-2010, 05:05 AM   #176
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPLD View Post

For my diet, I'm not eating less, in fact I have to eat more and do more exercise, rather boring when there's no squash courts to play in
It's a common misconception: people think they have to eat tiny portions in order to lose weight. About 6 years ago I decided to change my whole lifestyle after my boyfriend broke up with me. This included losing some weight, that I had been gaining over the years. I went to a professional nutritionist and she made a food plan for me. We talked for about an hour about my schedule, like my wake up time, activities during the day, ...

I was also surprised because I had to eat a lot more than I was used to. But it definitely worked and I lost about 9 kilo's (about 20 pounds). I still follow this diet plan when I gain a couple of pounds, and it still works like a charm. Some of the diets that are floating around the interwebs promise massive weightloss in a couple of months. I know a couple of people who tried a soup diet and they did lose weight fast, but after the diet they gained everything they've lost (and more) even faster.

I'm still not the skinny girl, but losing the weight and working out on a regular basis has definitely made me stronger and leaner.
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:23 PM   #177
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Well, Christmas feasting bumped my weight up four or five pounds. I'm not entirely sure how. I didn't think I'd eaten that much extra, but perhaps I did — nuts and chocolates are very high energy density foods.

So it might be April or May before I hit my target now!
Old 01-03-2011, 02:42 PM   #178
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Ditto. I gained 3 lbs. in the last few weeks but am back on track and hope to be down to about 150 lbs. by March. Well, that's the plan, anyway. So when's the next Doughnut Day? I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a chocolate cake doughnut with nuts and sprinkles today.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:52 PM   #179
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
GrumblegrumblestinkingSlimFastgrumblegrumbleWretch edSaladgrumblegrumbleHateDietinggrumblegrumble

PS: I lost 5 so far!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:48 PM   #180
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
GrumblegrumblestinkingSlimFastgrumblegrumbleWretch edSaladgrumblegrumbleHateDietinggrumblegrumble

PS: I lost 5 so far!
Nice !

I'm back on a diet as well. Gained a couple of pounds this last couple of weeks. Christmas and New Year are the only times I completely let myself go
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote