Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-24-2009, 08:25 AM   #1
thianliongpatpoh
Zealot
thianliongpatpoh doesn't litterthianliongpatpoh doesn't litterthianliongpatpoh doesn't litter

Device: iPad
Free from Booksonboard.com

Today's Daily Steal:

Happy Birthday, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle!

FREE - The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (Abbey House Classics)
plus 30% off list price

on all titles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle with promo code:

SherlockOnBoard

http://www.booksonboard.com/index.ph...ok&BOOK=355089
ePub format.

http://www.booksonboard.com/index.ph...ok&BOOK=229422
prc format

There's also pdf format.

The ePub has no cover.
The prc has NICE cover

Both doesn't have hyperlinked table of contents (too bad).

Last edited by thianliongpatpoh; 05-24-2009 at 09:25 AM.
thianliongpatpoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 08:29 AM   #2
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
Nice find. Is it formatted better than Harry's version?
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2009, 03:09 PM   #3
purl4peace
Mommy of Many Interests
purl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle DX, Sony PRS-505, Cybook Gen3
Harry's version is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Berk View Post
I actually discovered this today myself and downloaded it.

Then I came over here and downloaded Harry's "Omnibus" version. Harry's is much better--- has table of contents links and seems to be formatted better.... Not to mention being the complete works.
purl4peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 03:30 PM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Much worse. italics are in ALL CAPS. Em dashes — are double-hyphens --, and it has straight quotes, while Harry's has curly quotes. And that's just the obvious defects. I suspect there'll be plenty more.

My guess would be that it's a quick reformat of a Gutenberg text, but I'm not going to spend the time doing a comparison there.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:18 PM   #5
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
Good to know!
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2009, 05:35 PM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:

In my opinion (and I am unanimous in that! ), nothing is formatted better than Harry's work.

OT: Harry's in the process of updating his current "backlist" of titles he's assembled, making them even better than they already look.

Don
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:31 AM   #7
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
In my opinion (and I am unanimous in that! ), nothing is formatted better than Harry's work.

OT: Harry's in the process of updating his current "backlist" of titles he's assembled, making them even better than they already look.

Don
I have the honor of converting Harry's works to ePub. I have uploaded the illustrated version of The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes for Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's birthday and the Sherlock Holmes omnibus, too. Challenger will follow soon. Oh, and of course the good Dr. is absolutely right. Harry's work is the Best.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:04 AM   #8
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by purl4peace View Post
I actually discovered this today myself and downloaded it.

Then I came over here and downloaded Harry's "Omnibus" version. Harry's is much better--- has table of contents links and seems to be formatted better.... Not to mention being the complete works.
I'll go with Harry's version.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote