Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-13-2009, 03:20 PM   #1
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Favorite TV shows?

We were talking about Scrubs in another (completely unrelated to TV) thread. I wanna know what your favorite TV shows are

My two faves right now are Scrubs (of course), and Psych. I think Psych might be my favorite, it's close though.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 03:50 PM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
We were talking about Scrubs in another (completely unrelated to TV) thread. I wanna know what your favorite TV shows are

My two faves right now are Scrubs (of course), and Psych. I think Psych might be my favorite, it's close though.
Since that actor's strike, last year or so ago, TV just hasn't been the same. 2 or 3 weeks of new episodes, then they stick in a couple of old reruns. I had some favorites, but lately I don't really care about them anymore. WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2009, 03:54 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Since that actor's strike, last year or so ago, TV just hasn't been the same. 2 or 3 weeks of new episodes, then they stick in a couple of old reruns. I had some favorites, but lately I don't really care about them anymore. WDE.
I agree. Tivo helps me with that though (only recording new episodes with season pass).
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:43 PM   #4
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
My all-time favourite TV series is 'I, Claudius' - I still watch it on DVD, and it's still superb!
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:55 PM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
3 Words: BIG. BANG. THEORY.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2009, 04:56 PM   #6
europas_ice
Groupie
europas_ice doesn't littereuropas_ice doesn't littereuropas_ice doesn't litter

Device: iPhone 11 (Kindle app & iBooks)
I'm watching House, MD, and Battlestar Galactica.
europas_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:59 PM   #7
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
House, CSI, CSI Miami and CSI NY. And Star Trek (got all the DVD's...), naturally.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:04 PM   #8
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
3 Words: BIG. BANG. THEORY.
I tried watching that, but couldn't get past the first five minutes. Laugh tracks are a total turn-off for me. Some DVDs give the option of listening to the dialog recorded in a different language. I'd like it if sitcom DVDs had a laugh-track-free version.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:14 PM   #9
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
My favorite show is "Corner Gas." It is a Canadian sitcom but they play it here in the US on WGN. Running a very close second for me is "Lost".
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:21 PM   #10
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Two and A Half Men
House
The Mentalist
Bikini Destinations
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:22 PM   #11
readingrocks!
x
readingrocks! doesn't litterreadingrocks! doesn't litter

Device: None
Misplaced comment

Last edited by readingrocks!; 02-21-2009 at 07:54 PM.
readingrocks! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:24 PM   #12
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
BURN NOTICE! BEST. SHOW. EVER!!!!!!!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:31 PM   #13
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Oh Dear, I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Obviously I´m living in mass media-eval times here. My husband´s sometimes watching CSI Miami (it´s this Horatio-TV-sequel, isn´t it?).
But we have "Germany´s searching for the Superstar" (10 mock singers scratching out each others eyes to get a record contract), Germany´s Next Top Modell (45 girls scratching out each others eyes to get a model contract), The Next Uri Geller (10 mentalists scratching out each others eyes to get to the next round). Well, you see, it´s different shows, but in the end it´s all the same...
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:40 PM   #14
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
My favorites are Battlestar Galactica, Supernatural, Terminator: Sarah Conner Chronicles, Chuck, Merlin, and Doctor Who.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 06:15 PM   #15
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
House M.D.
The Office (US Version)
Two and a Half Men
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (Inbetween Seasons)
My Name is Earl (It has unfortunately gone downhill)

Most TV shows I actually don't watch week to week, I just eventually wait for 5-10 seasons to be out on DVD and then watch them back to back. And my fallback is Mystery Science Theater 3000... (Other shows not currently on, Red Dwarf, Buffy, Stargate SG-1, Star Trek:*, Wonderfalls, Doctor Who, etc...)

-MJ

Last edited by mjh215; 02-13-2009 at 06:20 PM.
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote