Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-17-2008, 02:38 PM   #16
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
I've seen some youtube video's of the 700, but it basically uses the same screen and amount of greytints.

I'm really not convinced the 700 is much of a step forward. The side leds make it look like a primitive PDA, and you're forced flipping pages with the touchscreen.
However I'm not fond of the buttons on a 505 neither. Clicking buttons need to be of high quality will it still function 2 years and maybe 200.000 pages down the road...

I'm only basing my presumptions on the pre-order page of Sony:
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921665562069
The specs say it is an 8 level gray scale, same as the 505. There may be processing improvements and I think they are using a newer controller. I personally think the light is a bonus, since it is the very first product with a light. This kind of thing will not photograph well so I will reserve judgment until I can see one in person. There are buttons for the page forward and backwards so you do not have to use the touch screen but you can if you want to. I am really leaning towards the 700 for its keyboard, touch screen, search, future dictionary support, light and 512 MB of memory.

I also think the light protects the screen a bit even if you never turn it on.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book, grey, greyscale, paper, scan