Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-05-2010, 03:58 PM   #1
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Looking for comparison of IPad relection/glare vs Sony Readers with Touch Screen

Looking for opinions of reflection/glare of Ipad vs Touch screen version of the Sony readers. Does anyone own both of these devices and care to comment?

I own an IPod Touch and even on the small device, it's uncomfortable to read at certain angles because of the reflection. I was wondering if it's as bad on a bigger screen such as an Ipad. If the Ipad suffers from the same reflection issue, I was wondering how is it compared to that of the touch screen devices from Sony.
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:46 PM   #2
BBRags
Connoisseur
BBRags began at the beginning.

Device: None
I don't own one, but there have been reports that the glare is more distracting, because the screen is bigger than on the Touch or iPhone.

You can buy an anti-glare screen protector, but they degrade the image.

Last edited by BBRags; 04-05-2010 at 09:48 PM.
BBRags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2010, 09:56 PM   #3
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
There's a comparison of the ipad with the jetbook here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79380

Interesting!
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:11 AM   #4
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thanks for the replies. I guess I shall wait a bit before deciding on getting the Sony or the IPad.
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote