Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 05:54 PM   #16
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Wink Yes please....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's a lot better to sell rugs online then in-store. The website is a good place to branch out.
A) Depends on the rugs ! Just as a point of info, "rug" in the States used to mean, in the trade, hand-made, generally "oriental" Every thing else was "carpets". The distinctions have become blurred now, but hand-made online presence - particularly for old/collectible - in any large way can only be a reference point, due to the vast variety of type, design, age, condition, etc...
So you're looking at high volume stuff - easier by far to get it from your friendly local dealer.
But.... if they're talking hand-made, send to me, I'll sort 'em out.
And then retire ....

B) The thread title was a good "hook" , but by the looks of it, they're just thinking of trying to be yet another on-line store selling most things to all - and, as already said, there's a lot of big, big players out there already, and small profitable, established ones, that they frankly have no chance of rivaling.
So they're looking at a minor presence at best - does indeed sound like they're desperate......
Old 10-25-2011, 05:54 PM   #17
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by soondai View Post
I still want to know why they're not selling NC2s.
Advert
Old 10-25-2011, 06:55 PM   #18
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
You noticed that too.

My guess is that they are back in design trying to meet the Amazon challenge with Fire. Amazon perhaps thought they were getting the jump on B&N, but my thought is they should have waited and let B&N jump in first.

If B&N is smart, they will come out with all the things that Amazon left out.

SD card support
USB2.0 (full support)
Full Android from the get go.
And then of course a good reader fully coordinated with the B&N store.
AND the wonderful READER PHYSICAL PAGE BUTTONS.

And finally allow the addition of things like
GPS,
Ability to hook in a 3G dongle, something like Archos has for their foreign Generation 9 tablets.

You should be able to configure the tablet or add to it just like Dell lets you.

Frankly, as an author, as an eReader user and as an engineer, I believe that what B&N does on the above will make or break their future.

Let the folks choose from a less than $200 eReader able to be upgraded to something like $250 or $300 tablet that can be added on if they wish to.

I will never buy a Fire, but something like I described above might make a sale with me.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:02 AM   #19
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJoseph View Post
Whaaa?? Where do you get that idea?

Home furnishings are horrible to buy online - unless you can check a B&M first. How can I check the hand of the fabric? How can I check the construction of the item? How do I make sure the fabrics used in the rug are as advertised? Is it loop, cut loop, pile? *shudder*
All that in buying a rug? Shoot, I just go to Walmart, find the size and color I need, then get the cheapest one.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:03 AM   #20
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Good question.
Advert
Old 10-26-2011, 09:11 AM   #21
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
At our local B&N, they have always had a small toy section near the kids books section. But the toys section has been growing over the last year, and they recently redesigned the floor such that you have to walk THROUGH the toys section to get to the kids books. Pretty smart merchandising, I guess.

eP
Old 10-26-2011, 10:16 AM   #22
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
All that in buying a rug? Shoot, I just go to Walmart, find the size and color I need, then get the cheapest one.
Don't tell me that! lol

Buying a rug is very serious business...
Old 10-26-2011, 10:43 AM   #23
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Don't tell me that! lol

Buying a rug is very serious business...
But I'm a guy and getting in and out of a store fast is more important.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:48 AM   #24
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
I've bought rugs online! I read the descriptions, read the reviews, place my order, and, presto, in a few days UPS delivers. Rugs are exactly as depicted, I am happy.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:15 PM   #25
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Bite your tongue. That borders on sacrilegious.

Carol
Old 10-26-2011, 01:10 PM   #26
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I've bought rugs online! I read the descriptions, read the reviews, place my order, and, presto, in a few days UPS delivers. Rugs are exactly as depicted, I am happy.
Rugs have reviews?
Old 10-26-2011, 02:32 PM   #27
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Bite your tongue. That borders on sacrilegious.

Carol
What Carol said, lol!

My husband and I were shopping one day and he wanted to go home. We walked into J. Crew and he announced to the store, "I'm going to slit my wrists and bleed out on this floor if you don't take me home!" Of course, we left asap. All the sales people looked horrified.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:12 PM   #28
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
Rugs have reviews?
Sure. Take a look at Target, where I've bought some rugs. There are product reviews for everything. And very helpful, too.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:17 PM   #29
covfam
Addict
covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod Touch,Ipad3,Kindle fire, Samsung Galaxy tab, Samsung Galaxy S3
Quote:
What Carol said, lol!

My husband and I were shopping one day and he wanted to go home. We walked into J. Crew and he announced to the store, "I'm going to slit my wrists and bleed out on this floor if you don't take me home!" Of course, we left asap. All the sales people looked horrified.
Great idea,... wonder if it will work with my wife when she decides to go cloths shopping Cloths shopping is never good with my wife because im ALWAYS wrong! if i say i dont like it BZZZ sleeping on the couch tonight if i point out something i like BZZZ i fend for myself for dinner if i if she asks me if the jeans fit too tight and im caught like a deer in headlight and im about to BZZZ wrong answer! i wash my own cloths for the rest of the week! Tell your husband thank you for me
Old 10-26-2011, 04:29 PM   #30
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Has no one heard of vinyl?
No vacuuming needed. Just occasional sweep into a picker up.
Spill something? Just get a towel and wipe it up.

The only choice to make is tile vinyl which you can put down yourself or sheet where they come and do it for you.
Closed Thread