Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 06-28-2007, 10:30 PM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What I want embedded fonts for is so I can fix things like bold and italics which don't work all that well at the moment.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 03:30 AM   #32
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Well if you look at the demo file of html2lrf you'll see that bold and italics have been fixed and there is no significant page turn slowdown (as far as I can tell).
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2007, 03:50 AM   #33
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Well if you look at the demo file of html2lrf you'll see that bold and italics have been fixed and there is no significant page turn slowdown (as far as I can tell).
For a book that has a lot of italics or bold, I can live with the slower page turns. The trick is to train your eyes & hands so you hit the next page button and finish reading the last little bit and then the page is turned.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:48 AM   #34
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I find myself doing that even with plain LRFs, all a slower page turn means is that I need to do it a little before ;-)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 09:19 PM   #35
pitolee
Connoisseur
pitolee began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader
Sorry, I've been away for a month so have not been able to contribute.

After just changing the font names, then unbricking, and copying the internal font data on each file using font creator (both in Windows and Macintosh areas) I was finally able to change the internal fonts to Calibri, Cambria and Consolas. I simply copied the data over from the existing fonts - identical to post #25.

Note: the font file name for courier (for example) is tt0419m_ttf, then using Font Creator you copy the internal naming conventions exactly as appear in the default fonts (font family: Courier10 BT; font subfamily: Roman; full font name: Courier10 BT Roman).

The trick in the end, for me, was that for the fonts to install correctly I had to erase all my books first and start with a clean unit with an empty storage area. Then I flashed it.

You may want to try that.

It's been working great for me and over the past month while traveling I read over 6000 pages in very nice, easy to read fonts.

Last edited by pitolee; 07-01-2007 at 09:31 PM.
pitolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2007, 10:29 PM   #36
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I may give it another go, removing everything and trying them that way. Maybe even a hard reset -- just to be sure.

Thank, pitolee!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:37 PM   #37
maggotb0y
Connoisseur
maggotb0y can extract oil from cheesemaggotb0y can extract oil from cheesemaggotb0y can extract oil from cheesemaggotb0y can extract oil from cheesemaggotb0y can extract oil from cheesemaggotb0y can extract oil from cheesemaggotb0y can extract oil from cheesemaggotb0y can extract oil from cheesemaggotb0y can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony Reader
No Cambria, etc for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
I may give it another go, removing everything and trying them that way. Maybe even a hard reset -- just to be sure.
NatCh -- going through the same misery now- did you ever solve this? Thanks.
maggotb0y is offline   Reply With Quote