Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-26-2013, 07:22 AM   #1
iamosam
Enthusiast
iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Is it possible to set how calibre sync ebooks to NOOK

I am thinking if I should start using calibre. But I need to know few things before moving into calibre.

I am assuming that there is a way to automatically sync ebooks to NOOK when it is connected to the computer. Is there any way I can control where and how the ebooks are saved in NOOK?

I have set up custom columns in calibre to emulate a folder structure, so that 'save to disk' will save ebooks in the folder structure that I want. Is it possible to make calibre save in this same format while syncing to NOOK?
iamosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:55 AM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamosam View Post
I am thinking if I should start using calibre. But I need to know few things before moving into calibre.

I am assuming that there is a way to automatically sync ebooks to NOOK when it is connected to the computer. Is there any way I can control where and how the ebooks are saved in NOOK?

I have set up custom columns in calibre to emulate a folder structure, so that 'save to disk' will save ebooks in the folder structure that I want. Is it possible to make calibre save in this same format while syncing to NOOK?
This is the template that I use to send ebooks to my Nook, under caliber-preferences-sending books to device.
Replace {#folder} with the name of your custom column.
Code:
{#folder}/{authors}/{series}/{series_index:0>2} {title}
Example it will save a book in a folder of /Books/Science Fiction & Fantasy/David Weber/Honor Harrington/01 On Basilisk Station.epub.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:40 AM   #3
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:

Calibre sends books to nooks my files folder. Using send to device template you can set directory structure etc. I have disabled the nook touch plugin in calibre and set up the user defined plugin for it so that I can send the books to the root of my sd card.

Code:
{tags:re([\.],/!)|!|}/{authors[0]}/{authors}/{series:subitems(0,1)||/}{series_index:0>5.2f| | - }{series:subitems(1,10)| | - }{title}
I dont use custom columns the way you are using so am not sure you can put a directory structure in it. From your post in another thread I guess you want to create a genre hierarchy directories.
I dont use publisher given metadata tags as I feel they are useless for a personal library. So have suborned the tags column for genre and subgenre. You can get how to set genre and subgenre from

http://blog.calibre-ebook.com/2011/1...g-browser.html

After you have set your genres in calibre using this code in send to device template will make calibre generate directories for you according to genre.
Code:
{tags:re([\.],/!)|!|}/
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:06 PM   #4
iamosam
Enthusiast
iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
..You can get how to set genre and subgenre from

http://blog.calibre-ebook.com/2011/1...g-browser.html

After you have set your genres in calibre using this code in send to device template will make calibre generate directories for you according to genre.
Code:
{tags:re([\.],/!)|!|}/
Thank you. This seems an even better option than what I initially planned. When I use the code you gave (in save to disk template), I get a '!' at the beginning of all the folder names. Is it possible to avoid that?

Also, while importing books to calibre, Is it possible to automatically generate the genre & subgenre from the folder structure. (Is there any way I can avoid manually entering all the genre, subgenre information?)
iamosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:21 PM   #5
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
I'm not sure about setting the genre from the folder structure, but there is an easy way to do this manually. This method assumes you have just entered a new group of books, all from one genre/sub-genre. The first two steps can be ignored if you're already displaying the Modified field/column.
  1. Right click on any column heading and Show Column>Modified.
  2. Left click on the Modified column's heading to sort descending (most recent to oldest).
  3. Highlight the books you want to work on.
  4. Edit metadata in bulk.
  5. Click in the Add Tags field and enter the genre/sub-genre term you want to use for these books.
  6. Click the Ok button

Just be careful with the timing. Calibre changes the timestamp value of the Modified field after performing some operations that you wouldn't expect. For instance, if you use Edit Metadata and press the Next or Previous buttons whether you actually change anything or not, the timestamp is still updated. So if you're not careful you could accidentally include, and update, a book that isn't a part of the genre you want to work on based on this new timestamp.

You only have to use this method as many times as you've got books to add that fall into one genre. Of course, if you have a book that is in two genres, you're going to have to do that one completely manually for the 2nd term because your timestamp is going to change when you apply the 1st term.

You can use Window's standard highlighting methods in the book listing if the Modified field cannot be used (for books already added into the database).

Last edited by Sabardeyn; 09-29-2013 at 10:24 PM.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:55 AM   #6
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Thank you. This seems an even better option than what I initially planned. When I use the code you gave (in save to disk template), I get a '!' at the beginning of all the folder names. Is it possible to avoid that?

Also, while importing books to calibre, Is it possible to automatically generate the genre & subgenre from the folder structure. (Is there any way I can avoid manually entering all the genre, subgenre information?)
I use the ! in front so that the folders are sorted properly in the reader. For example !uraban will come before any author folders.
You can try this
Code:
{tags:re([\.],/)||}/
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote