Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-20-2012, 10:39 PM   #1
fgm4275
fgm4275 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD+ and Nook Simple Touch
Calibre does not see my ebooks on my Nook e-reader?

I have a feeling I am doing something dumb. Ok, here goes. I installed calibre on my PC. I connected my Nook HD+, went through the set-up wizard and nothing. It did not show any of the 200+ books I had on the Nook HD+. In the bottom left corner of the program it did have the following:

calibre version 0.9.6 created by Kovid Goyal....connected to BN640T

So I uninstalled and then re-installed calibre, went through the setup wizard specified the location for the library and set my Simple Touch as the ereader. In the bottom left corner it now has the following:

calibre version 0.9.6 created by Kovid Goyal....connected the Nook

but it still does not see any books. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Fernando
fgm4275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:51 AM   #2
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Make sure your computer installed the drivers for the Nook HD+ when you first plugged it in. If they did not install then Calibre will not see it. The easiest way to check is to go to Computer and check your hard drives. The Nook HD+ should show there if the drivers installed. If not try plugging your USB cable into a different usb port. Also, make sure your nook is on and the password entered after plugging the HD+ into your computer. After entering your password you should get the brown pop up, on the Nook HD+, showing it is connected.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #3
DrewReader
DrewReader began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I have a Simple Touch. I just recently upgraded to its v. 1.2.0. I just installed Calibre. I, too, have the same problem: none of my eBooks on my NOOK Simple Touch are showing in the calibre panel. Fearing I might have mistakenly installed a security encryption app from my work laptop, I erased and de-registered my NOOK, wiping it clean, and re-registered....and still, no eBooks in my NOOK are showing up on the calibre panel even after selecting 'Show books in the main memory of the device...' (I don't have an SD card installed). Prior to de-registering, I did set up a News Feed (NYT) and did successfully move it to my NOOK for reading. But, it was the only item visible on the device. Help!

BTW, every thing Apache suggested was done...though I have no password set. And, no, I don't see contents when looking at the NOOK via my computer, either. Hmmm. Any suggestions?

Last edited by DrewReader; 11-26-2012 at 09:46 AM. Reason: additional comment to most immediate previous post from Apache
DrewReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:06 AM   #4
DrewReader

Just finished a chat with a BN rep. He says you cannot see any books purchased and downloaded via the NOOK (i.e. directly over wi fi). It would appear, then, that only way to manage BN books on Calibre is to purchase them over Calibre just like any other book. Am I correct? Does anyone challenge that?
Old 11-26-2012, 10:24 AM   #5
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewReader View Post
Just finished a chat with a BN rep. He says you cannot see any books purchased and downloaded via the NOOK (i.e. directly over wi fi). It would appear, then, that only way to manage BN books on Calibre is to purchase them over Calibre just like any other book. Am I correct? Does anyone challenge that?
On the NST the B&N books are in a hidden partition.
You can install Nook for PC on your PC to download your B&N books, than sideload them to the NST with Calibre.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2012, 01:33 PM   #6
DiannaInVA
Enthusiast
DiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: Nook
You can download the books from the B&N website (My NOOK). Then import those files into Calibre (if you have not done so already). Once you have imported the book into Calibre, you may want to "archive" your books on the B&N website. Otherwise, you will have 2 copies of the same B&N book on your Nook--one from the B&N server and one from Calibre.
DiannaInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:19 PM   #7
DrewReader

Thanks to DianaInVa and GeerTm. That helps a lot!