Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 07-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #31
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lake View Post
Rhadin, that's not a problem. I know people don't read a book a day or anything crazy like that, but if the sale gets more of my books in people's hands, I'm happy. I also price the books down at $2.99 as I know I'm not a big, famous, well known author. I also know that because ebooks require no time, money or other things on my part, I can afford to take a lower income because A) I have a wider possible audience, and B) no expenses such as shipping and the like.

Exactly. I am still getting more 50% sales for book 3 then I am for book 2, many months after its release. This tells me that some people who bought book 2 a while back are just now getting to book 3.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:55 PM   #32
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Interestingly my Smashwords sales are up...but my Amazon sales are way down. I think the people that normally would have purchased the books on Amazon, are getting it from Smashwords due to the sale.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2012, 04:20 PM   #33
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
Well, as I said, most of my sales come from Smashwords and my Amazon sales have mostly dried up. Another interesting thing of late is that my publisher turned off ALL of their Amazon Kindle titles because Amazon somehow screwed them up, making them look horrible. I don't know how, as they were fine when they were first put up there. But of late they've suddenly started looking like complete crap. We're still trying to figure out why as we haven't touched anything in ages.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote