Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-29-2010, 10:34 PM   #1
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Calibre Will Not Recognize My Kindle 3

I originally asked this question in my intro post before realizing that it should have been placed here instead:

I just downloaded Calibre for the first time earlier today. I would like to add the books I currently have on my Kindle to my new Calibre library, but I do not have the "Device" option in Calibre. My Kindle is the only device currently plugged into my PC, and I made sure to restart Calibre once my Kindle was plugged into the USB port, but I am still not getting the "Device" option.

Suggestions on how to get Calibre to see my Kindle 3, and how to get my e-books from Kindle to Calibre would be greatly appreciated.

T.I.A.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:23 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
What version of calibre are you running?

Are you seeing any error messages?

Some people have reported problems with calibre 0.7.35 and devices, in particular the K3. These people always see an "exception" error saying something like 'ints do not have length'. If you are seeing something like that, then try disabling the folder device (preferences -> plugins -> device plugins, select folder device and press disable).
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2010, 04:15 AM   #3
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
May Be Resolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
What version of calibre are you running?

Are you seeing any error messages?
I am using 0.7.35, but have not seen any errors.

I decided to give it one more go - wouldn't you know, it seems to be working now.

The only thing I can think that I did differently, was to disconnect my phone's USB cable, instead of just the phone.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thank you for the assist, Chaley.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, kindle 3