Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-03-2008, 11:15 AM   #1
RoninTech
Groupie
RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Nook Colour, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Nexus 7, Nexus 5, Pixel
Issues with version 101

I added a few html books this weekend then converted them to epub. At some point many (but not all) of the epub books disappeared from the calibre db. The epubs are still in the calibre folder but calibre says there isn't any files associated with the library entry. I had to re-add all the books. Not sure if its related but once I create the epubs I go and delete the zipped html file to save space as I don't need 2 versions of a book in the calibre library. Is that acceptable practice?

Also there seems to be a strange 'u' in front of some of the fields when using calibredb list. I'll add a ticket for this one as its easily reproducible.

Finally the built in epub viewer shows the comments field twice if you view the file info. I'll add a ticket for that as well.

Cheers,
Crazy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ebook_viewer_book_info_problem.png
Views:	380
Size:	233.4 KB
ID:	17556   Click image for larger version

Name:	calibredb_list_issues.png
Views:	362
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	17557  

Last edited by RoninTech; 11-03-2008 at 11:48 AM.
RoninTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:53 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yeah deleting the source after creating epub is fine. Is the behavior reprodicible? Can you come up with a set of steps to reproduce it?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2008, 06:40 PM   #3
RoninTech
Groupie
RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Nook Colour, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Nexus 7, Nexus 5, Pixel
Not that I can fathom as of yet. Is there a way to cause the db to resync itself based on what exists in its folders? That would save me having to re-add them and then remove the empty ones.

Cheers,
Crazy
RoninTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:53 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
no there isnt
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote