Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-01-2013, 09:51 PM   #121
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I have a contact in the UK was all.. Always happy to "point people at each other" when I can.

hope you get it sorted buddy
Thanks, much Twobob. And thanks for being one of the spirit guides to the Kindle world.
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:45 AM   #122
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Version 2.1

Version 2.1 was just released.

It really only incorporates "cosmetical" fixes:

- new splash screen (yay!), and a few other changes under the hood
- no more screen blanking on long operations
- shutdown now actually shuts down instead of halting; should work on most (if not all) systems

In other words: there is no urgent need to update from the previous version.

@dsmid: Your mirrored files are now labeled as "Version 2.0"; please let me know when they're up to date.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2013, 05:51 AM   #123
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
@dsmid: Your mirrored files are now labeled as "Version 2.0"; please let me know when they're up to date.
I will upload version 2.1 on Monday.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:41 AM   #124
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Version 2.1 was just released.

It really only incorporates "cosmetical" fixes:

- new splash screen (yay!), and a few other changes under the hood
- no more screen blanking on long operations
- shutdown now actually shuts down instead of halting; should work on most (if not all) systems

In other words: there is no urgent need to update from the previous version.

Totally awesome splash screen. Great packaging. An "Essential" to Kindle adventurous developers.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:42 AM   #125
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
I'll mirror the CD's now.

http://ge.tt/2mvOKsZ/v/0 kubrick-cd-k3.zip V 2.1
http://ge.tt/2mvOKsZ/v/1 kubrick-cd-k4k5.zip V 2.1

Last edited by twobob; 03-02-2013 at 06:55 AM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2013, 07:28 AM   #126
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@twobob: thanks a lot!

... I included your mirrors in the now colourful first post

(hey, did you realize? "colourful", just for you )
Old 03-02-2013, 09:03 PM   #127
Aleyst
Zealot
Aleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with others

Device: PW (7th Gen), PW (10th Gen)
Hi,
Just a question, wondering if it is just me, or is the download for the LiveUSB limited in speed when downloading from your site. 3hrs for download?, Tried multiple times over the last couple of days.

Cheers,
Aleyst.
Aleyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #128
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleyst View Post
Hi,
Just a question, wondering if it is just me, or is the download for the LiveUSB limited in speed when downloading from your site. 3hrs for download?, Tried multiple times over the last couple of days.

Cheers,
Aleyst.
try the mirror of the CD / DVD just a couple of posts above yours.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:24 PM   #129
Aleyst
Zealot
Aleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with others

I would, but my poor netbook only has usb, no cd, would a thing like the UNetBootin tool work with that?

----

Ignore me, I was lazy and didn't read the thread.
I'll try that, i'm also thinking it's me with the dl speed.
The mirror keeps throttling down way to slow also.

May have to wait til I'm at my own house lol

Last edited by Aleyst; 03-02-2013 at 09:34 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:34 AM   #130
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Download version 2.0 or wait till tomorrow for liveUSB version 2.1 being mirrored.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:04 AM   #131
Aleyst
Zealot

S'all good, it had something to do with Firefox being a PITA got it dl'd and have a freshly flashed kindle in ma lil hands right now.

This live USB / cd idea is the best thing ever, saved me like half an hour of fiddling lol
Thanks a bunch
Old 03-03-2013, 04:08 PM   #132
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleyst View Post
Hi,

Cheers,
Aleyst.
It's not speed limited per se, but it's cheap shared hosting, so the downloads are sometimes rather slow.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:52 PM   #133
kecskesb
kecskesb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard + 4NT
Hi,

I am trying to revive a Kindle 4NT with a broken display (before somebody asks, no, I don't think Kubrick will repair my display). Now my problem is, obviously, when Kubrick asks me to select some menu items on the Kindle, I cannot do that. Could anyone post screenshots of the menu screens so I can try doing it blind? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
kecskesb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #134
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kecskesb View Post
Hi,

I am trying to revive a Kindle 4NT with a broken display (before somebody asks, no, I don't think Kubrick will repair my display). Now my problem is, obviously, when Kubrick asks me to select some menu items on the Kindle, I cannot do that. Could anyone post screenshots of the menu screens so I can try doing it blind? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Not screenshots, but here's the exact procedure for the K4:

- after it says "Flashing complete", it will take around 20 seconds to boot into diags. So to be on the safe side, wait for a minute or so.
- Press 5-way DOWN 8 times, then press 5-way "ENTER"
- Press DOWN 8 times, then press ENTER
- Press DOWN once, then press ENTER
- Press ENTER.
That should put the device in USB network mode.

HTH
Old 03-03-2013, 06:59 PM   #135
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
The diags menu also appears on the serial port.
Just in case you lose count.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote