Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-11-2012, 05:04 PM   #1
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Fetch Annotations - where in Calibre version are they?

I've just started to use the experimental 'Fetch Annotations' - and what an excellent feature - thank you Calibre!!!!

I can see them on the Calibre version of the book on the right side of the main library page in the book details area.

But where are they in the Calibre version of the book itself?

That is: where are the annotation notes and highlights?

I can end up with upwards of 100 highlights and annotations per book, which I don't think would be unusual in research studies.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
The annotations are created on the kindłe and stored in a 'sidecar' file apart from the main book.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2012, 05:49 PM   #3
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Thanks for that, but I'm using a Kobo Glo and have fetched them into Calibre from the Glo.

I'm wondering where they are on the Calibre version of the book.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:23 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
They aren't in the book. They are added to the comments for the book.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:35 AM   #5
Shardancalibre
Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: kobo glo
Hi David. Here I am again. Is there a limit of annotations you can fetch with calibre? Because I took a lot in the last book I've read and when trying to fetch them with calibre it displayed only a series or numbers relative to the locations in the book where the annotations had been taken.
Does that depend on the amount of annotations taken or can that depend on some different factor?

P.s. happy new year
Shardancalibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2013, 05:13 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't think there is a limit, but I haven't really stressed it. I have definitely had ten or so annotations.. I did just try a test for a book that has 22 screens of annotations. But, that showed a bug in the feature.

The bug is because I have two copies of the book on the device. One is the kepub version and the other the epub. The annotations are on the epub, but as I have finished the book, I marked the kepub as finished. When I used the fetch annotations, it got the annotations for only one of the copies. Unfortunately, it was the kepub version.

I'll look at the bug later and have a look to see if there is a limit to the annotations as well.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:27 AM   #7
Shardancalibre
Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.Shardancalibre shines like a glazed doughnut.

Thank you very much david.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:40 AM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

I have had a look at the code. There is no limit to the number of annotations it will retrieve. But, there is a problem if there is two copies of the book on the device. In this case, it takes the annotations from the first copy that is found. In the case I described, the kepub and the epub, this will generally mean the annotations will be taken from the kepub.

Is this the case for you? Do you have two copies of the book on the device? This will be shown in calibre in the "On Device" column. If there is only one copy, this column will show a tick and either "Main" or "Card A" (or something like that). If there are multiple copies, it will show "(2 books)" after the location. Is this the case for the book that is not getting annotations?
Old 01-02-2013, 06:40 AM   #9
Shardancalibre

Actually yes. There were two copies of the same book on the list, one of them had the green tick (I've deleted them). I tried both, and in one of them I got that long sequence of numbers. Good to know. Next time I'll take care of getting rid of possible extra copies. Thanks again.