Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-01-2011, 05:15 AM   #46
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Thanks Caro, but .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
You can save your old one too just in case the new one doesn't work as well.Carol
Two problems with this [excellent ] advice...

1] How can I save it- or is it too tricky for a tech-thicko like myself ...?

2] I'm sure I got my my original B & D working, plugged in, and charging - and stored correctly under the stairs for instant use - more or less by luck....

So if I hit the link to the vacuum cleaner store, will it be delivered by the parcels postman without me having to do much more than rip the wrapping off with excitement, I wonder ?
Or will I descend into angst and despair as I wonder what plug to use ?

carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:54 AM   #47
Kevin8or
Guru
Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
1] How can I save it- or is it too tricky for a tech-thicko like myself ...?

2] I'm sure I got my my original B & D working, plugged in, and charging - and stored correctly under the stairs for instant use - more or less by luck....
1) Best if you saved the entire, original 4.7 package, as it was when it first arrived from the store. If you have a problem with 4.8, then you toss it and return to 4.7. Not really saving anything. Just re-doing. If that's not possible, then back up -- err, store in the closet -- the 4.7 parts that you've been using before replacing them with the new model.

2) Best advice here is to carefully follow the instruction manual, step by step. Even if you're not technically inclined, you should be able to get your new vacuum cleaner working by taking it one step at a time.
Kevin8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2011, 07:37 AM   #48
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Smile More work.... but worthy.

Thanks Kevin, shall have a bash (xing fingies time).
[ I have just remembered I have an extra, external back-up....closet, or 'outdoor shed' rather, so it would be in there somewhere I s'pose.]

I must say I find this thread informative, intelligent, interestingly cryptic, sometimes hard work, subtle - and damn good fun !

I reckon it could run for years - unless the dust and other allergenic rubbish is eradicated, like smallpox.

'Course, there is the problem that the junk inside our closets may be even harder to delve into, if more keeps getting shoved in.
Shelves may have to be considered.

So, this
to Harry for, um, clarifying things, and a round of applause for Black & Decker, I say.....

[ Oh, slightly sour note - I still haven't recieved my 5 year Warranty for the last vacuum, something needs sorting out there I feel. ]
Old 11-02-2011, 07:53 AM   #49
Kevin8or
Guru
Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
I reckon it could run for years - unless the dust and other allergenic rubbish is eradicated, like smallpox.
Ah, that would be lovely, if all the rubbish was eradicated, and vacuum cleaners became unnecessary. Assuming that doesn't occur, I fear you really couldn't run your cleaner for years. There's an irritating phenomenon: new breeds of allergens appear with alarming regularity, and the old vacuum cleaners simply aren't equipped to handle them. New models are required.
Kevin8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:52 AM   #50
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8or View Post
1) Best if you saved the entire, original 4.7 package, as it was when it first arrived from the store. If you have a problem with 4.8, then you toss it and return to 4.7. Not really saving anything. Just re-doing. If that's not possible, then back up -- err, store in the closet -- the 4.7 parts that you've been using before replacing them with the new model.

2) Best advice here is to carefully follow the instruction manual, step by step. Even if you're not technically inclined, you should be able to get your new vacuum cleaner working by taking it one step at a time.
^What Kevin said. I always keep an old version just in case.

Sorry didn't reply sooner. We are in the middle of painting. Yuk.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2011, 11:53 AM   #51
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Ah, that would be lovely, if all the rubbish was eradicated, and vacuum cleaners became unnecessary. Assuming that doesn't occur, I fear you really couldn't run your cleaner for years. There's an irritating phenomenon: new breeds of allergens appear with alarming regularity, and the old vacuum cleaners simply aren't equipped to handle them. New models are required.
That would truly be great if that happened. I can dream can't I?

Carol
Old 11-02-2011, 07:25 PM   #52
carpetmojo
Wizard

I 'spect whatever you did, there'd always be the pet hairs, anyway.........
Old 11-03-2011, 11:54 AM   #53
JTravers
Groupie
JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air 2
Quote:

Can someone PM me a working link to the 4.7 version of the dust cleaning tools? It seems it has been completely dusted off the original link already.
JTravers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:35 PM   #54
carpetmojo
Wizard

Please, what do I actually have to do to save the superseded model - Mr Tech-Dunce here, remember.....

I'm getting better, but I haven't a clue how to save it - although it could well be one of those "Oh, that, I've done that before..." moments when I know what button to hit !
Old 11-03-2011, 12:39 PM   #55
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:

Please, what do I actually have to do to save the superseded model - Mr Tech-Dunce here, remember.....

I'm getting better, but I haven't a clue how to save it - although it could well be one of those "Oh, that, I've done that before..." moments when I know what button to hit !
When you first got the tools, you got a nice zipped up 'box' containing that version of the tools. Just keep a copy of the zip somewhere.

But it's unlikely that you'll need to revert to the old tools.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:22 PM   #56
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTravers View Post
Can someone PM me a working link to the 4.7 version of the dust cleaning tools? It seems it has been completely dusted off the original link already.
I would just use the new and improved version.

Carol
Old 11-04-2011, 02:24 AM   #57
JTravers
Groupie
JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
I would just use the new and improved version.

Carol
I am

But as posters mentioned above, it's good to have a backup in case a bug crops up that needs to be squashed.
JTravers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:41 AM   #58
carpetmojo
Wizard

Smile Gotcha !

Ah Ha !

Found, in my d/loads, Black & Decker Tools v.3.8 and Tools v.4.0. in, as suggested, tidy little zip toolcases !
Which I sent to My Doc's, but also, rather pleased wiv meself here, saved to discs.
AND they're on my back-up too. So should things go strange, I have handy back-ups everywhere....

( And,looking at the numbers, I now have a vintage User's Instructions Library)

So, next step this w/end, is to get the latest on board. Do I have to delete the originals from my d/loads?
It seems I didn't last time anything happened!

Which I didn't know had happened anyway.......

Oh, and by the by, I run an "old" K4PC which I did not allow to update itself a few times now......is it now safe to update this to latest version, or do I even need to, seeing as I'm not having any problems with...umm... it, at present ?
Old 11-04-2011, 09:35 AM   #59
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Oh, and by the by, I run an "old" K4PC which I did not allow to update itself a few times now......is it now safe to update this to latest version, or do I even need to, seeing as I'm not having any problems with...umm... it, at present ?
I've successfully used the latest tools with the latest K4PC (Windows), But there's no pressing need to update to the latest K4PC if you're satisfied with the version you have. I DO recommend archiving the install program for the latest "working" version(s) of K4PC. Just in case something breaks in the future.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:39 AM   #60
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I've successfully used the latest tools with the latest K4PC (Windows).
And I've successfully used them with the latest K4Mac.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drm removal