Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-27-2011, 06:47 PM   #1
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Horizontal white streaky lines - on "Connected and Charging" screen

Odd, this...

(I now also own, in addition to my black Touch, a new lilac Touch.

Anyway - went through the whole start-up process on this one without a hitch, and no strange lines seen on any dark background screen.

The next time I connected to computer (to download from my store of books in Adobe Digital Editions), I saw, on the "Connected and Charging" screen, the faintest of horizontal lines - pretty much covering most of the screen (not limited to top or bottom) - and originating from the left side of the screen. The lines appeared heavier and heavier the longer the device stayed connected, and on the "Connected and Charging" screen.

Sorry I can't get a picture of this.

The odd part: that these lines don't show up on any other screen. I thought they might show up on the "Sleep Mode" screen and the "Powered Off" screen, but they did not. (This is before I updated to newest Firmware). Nor did they show up on book covers/pictures with a high degree of black of black background.

My screen has random ghosting in general on book text screens, which many of us have noticed. I'm on a two page refresh for this, and feel I may need to go to a one page, but c'est la vie. In contrast, I can get by on a 4 -page refresh on my Black Touch.

But whatever ghosting I seem to be experiencing in book text doesn't seem related to these streaky white lines that I see on the Charging screen.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?

Called Kobo, they've sent to Tier Two. One thing I know; Borders isn't even taking exchanges. I hope it won't have to come to that, but I know Kobo Customer Service seems good about this kind of thing...

Last edited by beautifulsoup; 07-27-2011 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Various typos and such, yet probably still not all accounted for.
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote