Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 06-27-2011, 10:52 AM   #1
Mousewaffle
Mousewaffle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Mousewaffle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Mousewaffle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Mousewaffle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Mousewaffle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Mousewaffle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Mousewaffle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Mousewaffle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Mousewaffle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Mousewaffle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Mousewaffle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle
James, M. R.: The Complete Complete Ghost Stories. v1. 27 Jun 2011

The Forum has seen bits and pieces of The Master's work over the years. Here is (I believe) all of James' exquisite ghost stories gathered in one volume.

The stories are grouped by which published edition they made their first appearance in.

Turn the lights down low, pour yourself a reassuring beverage and prepare to have your spine thoroughly chilled.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: mobi Ghost Stories of M. R. James - Montague Rhodes James.mobi (892.5 KB, 3945 views)
Mousewaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:55 PM   #2
rogerVA
Connoisseur
rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.rogerVA can talk to the animals.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite & Kindle 3
Thanks for this! There's nothing quite like the stories of M.R. James.
rogerVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2011, 01:11 PM   #3
breity
breity began at the beginning.

This is easily the best ebook I have yet seen of James's supernatural fiction. Thank you!

That said, it is missing his supernatural / fantastical children's book The Five Jars, which is a a really fun story, but since its aim isn't to scare the pants off you, I'm not complaining. :-) Thanks again!

--Andrew

P.S., If you're interested, The Five Jars was posted by Patricia Clark in .mobi format here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42313

Last edited by breity; 06-28-2011 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Added link to "The Five Jars"
breity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:19 AM   #4
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
It certainly does seem to be complete. I've got a pbook copy of Mr. James collected Ghost stories and everything in there is to all appearances contained within this ebook. The ebook version seems to me to be a bit more convenient of access to boot since the pbook version is almost 650 pages long, and with the ebook you can easily find the exact tale you want to read without having to flip through the pages unlike with the pbook. Thanks for posting it Mousewaffle.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 07:47 PM   #5
banjomike
Addict
banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505,DSlibris,nook Glow & Simple & HD+,Tab S2,Moon+,Kobo Clara
Another couple missing:

A Night in King's College Chapel
The Fenstanton Witch

I have sort-of-formatted versions of these if you want them.

There are a few other unfinished stories and story drafts which I don't have.

Other than that, I am impressed. This will be on my reader as soon as I have epub'd it.

Last edited by banjomike; 07-02-2011 at 07:50 PM.
banjomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2011, 09:04 AM   #6
Mousewaffle
Mousewaffle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Mousewaffle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Mousewaffle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Mousewaffle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Mousewaffle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Mousewaffle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Mousewaffle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Mousewaffle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Mousewaffle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Mousewaffle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Mousewaffle is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Another couple missing:

A Night in King's College Chapel
The Fenstanton Witch

I have sort-of-formatted versions of these if you want them.

There are a few other unfinished stories and story drafts which I don't have.

Other than that, I am impressed. This will be on my reader as soon as I have epub'd it.
I sort of intentionally left out the unpublished "Fenstanton Witch" and "Night in King's College Chapel" along with the unfinished draft of "John Humphreys." Being something of a writer myself, I'm projecting on Dr. James every writer's horror of having a work hung out on public display before you have airbrushed out the warts and wrinkles to your satisfaction.

Rosemary Pardoe did an excellent job of locating most of the fragments in her piece in "Ghosts and Scholars No. 4." and "Ghosts and Scholars" has published many of the fragments over the years. (http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~pardos/GS.html)
Mousewaffle is offline   Reply With Quote