Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-07-2011, 10:54 PM   #1
turygo
turygo began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
how to set chpaters detected different?

We know that we can use calibre to detect chapters by regex,and it works fine.And I wanna set chapters different from other normal paragraph.for example,make their font size bigger and align.
I found that calibre could use CSS to control display of text.I think I can use CSS like
{
h1,h2:font-size:18pt;
text-align:middle;
}
to get my goal.My problem is that how can I set Chapters detected as h1,h2?I've found any options of calibre conversation.But it seems that there is no way to set chapters as h1,h2.Could anyone help me?Thank you.
turygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:04 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by turygo View Post
My problem is that how can I set Chapters detected as h1,h2?I've found any options of calibre conversation.But it seems that there is no way to set chapters as h1,h2.
I don't mess with any TOC stuff myself but it seems to me that setting your chapters with h1 and h2 is the most common method. Hopefully you can figure it out via this sticky post.

An alternative way would be to open the ePub in Sigil and have it generate your TOC from the h1, h2 tags.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2011, 04:57 AM   #3
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
I'm assuming this discussion refers only to book which aren't already using h1/h2/h3 tags.

Heuristics will set common chapter headings as h2 for the title and h3 for the subtitle if they aren't already in an hx tag. There isn't any other way to 'force' existing chapter headings to h2 other than creative use of Search and Replace during conversion.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:34 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Learn to use Sigil and Regex (see the tutorial by Manichean) S&R to replace standard <p> type chapter headings.
The neat thing is it is What You See (highlighted) Is What You are about to Get
(or . No! No! Cancel )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:21 PM   #5
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by turygo View Post
I think I can use CSS like
{
h1,h2:font-size:18pt;
text-align:middle;
}
Addendum: once you have followed the advice given by the other guys, the corrected version of your CSS should be:
Code:
h1, h2 {
font-size:18pt;
text-align:center;
}
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert