Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-29-2010, 04:29 AM   #1
TomeRaider
Enthusiast
TomeRaider began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy, Sony PRS505, PB 302, PB 360
Browser application limitations

Whilst it works there is no favourites so every website URL has to be entered in full each time. Can we not have a bookmark system and make this app. more usefull?

Has anyone tried downloading anything using it? I tried accessing Bookland,net (because the Bookland app doesnt work for me ) and tried downloading an epub. That doesnt work because the browser opens the file to display it and cant read epub. I guess txt might work but it would be good if the browser were able to store downloads onto the file system instead of opening them.

If you want to use this browser for something practical like going to different websites and downloading formatted books it doesnt currently seem to be up to the job.
TomeRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:27 AM   #2
iPocketBook
iPocketBook doesn't litteriPocketBook doesn't litter

Device: pb 302, KT
are you talking about the minibrowser app?
I haven't found a simple webpage that displays in a satisfying manner. even google.com doesn't.
but, you can define bookmarks (the star symbol).
and, even though all files are displayed as if they were html or text, you can still save them (the disk symbol), and then open them with e.g. pdfreader. I tried it for JPG, PDF, and it works. just set the correct filename extension
iPocketBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:08 AM   #3
iPocketBook
iPocketBook doesn't litteriPocketBook doesn't litter

Device: pb 302, KT
oh I guess you were talking about the 'Browser.app', not 'MiniBrowser.app'. It indeed does not seem to have those functionalities you mentioned. But at least it can display the websites correctly.
iPocketBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:46 PM   #4
TomeRaider
Enthusiast
TomeRaider began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy, Sony PRS505, PB 302, PB 360
Yes but its of limited value without bookmarks and a file save option. Both browser apps are flawed implementations and not really usable for day to day browsing or book retrieval. This was one of the main reasons I bought the PB302 and it doesn't live up to expectations. Maybe we can get some improvements in the next firmware release.
TomeRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:03 AM   #5
kgn
Groupie
kgn has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Pocketbook 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomeRaider View Post
This was one of the main reasons I bought the PB302 and it doesn't live up to expectations. Maybe we can get some improvements in the next firmware release.
I agree. It was not a main reason for me - but I certainly did want it to at least work. When I found I could not even lookup Google, did not bother looking at it again. A small disappointment. I was more disappointed that bluetooth does not work either (or at least not in the way I expected it to work).
kgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 12:51 AM   #6
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomeRaider View Post
Yes but its of limited value without bookmarks and a file save option. Both browser apps are flawed implementations and not really usable for day to day browsing or book retrieval. This was one of the main reasons I bought the PB302 and it doesn't live up to expectations. Maybe we can get some improvements in the next firmware release.
Browser.app is still in deepest beta
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote