Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 03-21-2010, 11:14 AM   #1
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Content of Nook Newspapers different from Kindle and Sony?

Greetings,

I purchased a nook a few days ago and I have been using it happily. I was pleased to discover that they carry the Baltimore Sun, my local paper. I have noticed, however, that, while the nook edition includes the pictures lacking in the Kindle edition, entire sections present in the Kindle edition are lacking in the nook edition (such as the weather, for example). Fair enough. I can accept that as a trade off for the pictures. What is bothering me is that I have not received the Sunday edition yet. The most current edition listed on Barnes and Nobles is yesterday's edition. The Sun is listed as a "daily delivery" Newspaper. Is there just some hick-up on the B and N's servers, or are they skimping on the content and not providing the Sunday edition? I noticed that the Sony Store also recently started carrying the Sun, so I signed up for the 14 day trial. I was able to download today's Sunday edition and transfer it to my nook without a hitch. Monday I'll check to see if the content is the same (i.e. is there a standard epub edition vs. the Kindle edition). Has anyone else noticed anything similar?

Luqman
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 04:31 PM   #2
mykoffee
Enthusiast
mykoffee began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
In the Barnes and Noble nook forum I saw someone complaining that their newspaper hadn't arrived yet so you're not the only one . I can't say about different editions though.

Linda
mykoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 06:30 PM   #3
FireRunner
eAddict
FireRunner is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook
My Washington Post edition has been late once since I subscribed a month ago. But, besides that time the paper downloads between 5:30am and 6:00am. There are less photos compared to the Kindle version though, but for me that's okay.
FireRunner is offline   Reply With Quote