Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 12-08-2008, 10:24 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Here you go. Just start a command prompt and type "textify". It's self-documenting.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Textify.zip (44.1 KB, 481 views)
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:25 AM   #17
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Many thanks indeed.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2008, 10:35 AM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You're welcome!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:29 PM   #19
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
I am looking for an automated tool to convert words between underscores into italic format?

For example:
Source:
All of the _features_ here are _present_ in existing browsers

Result:
All of the features here are present in existing browsers

Thanks.
BookCreator uses a very similar macro provided by "comtrjl" to convert _Italics_ to Italics in addition to many other editing tools.
Just import the text file and run menu option "Tools|Italicize Text"

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:40 PM   #20
JGB
Groupie
JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
_italic_ and *bold* markup is supported by markdown converter in Calibre, so you can just use Calibre to convert your TXT file. Or you can use markdown-calibre.exe and redirect its output to an HTML file.
How would I use caliber for formatting like that?

Or would I be better off with GUItenmark?

EDIT: I've got the PG dvd.
Having better formatting would be cool
JGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2009, 12:36 PM   #21
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Similar(I guess) request.
This time I need to replace words/sentences that are underscored with italics.
For example:

I need to replace to I need to replace

Thanks!
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 01:22 PM   #22
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
astra,

You might also give the free Interparse4 a try. I think it will do what you want.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ht=Interparse4
Timoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:08 PM   #23
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think...I think I managed.

Replacing

I used
Quote:
Method 2: Use Key Combinations in the Find and Replace Dialog Box

1. On the Edit menu, click Replace.
2. Delete any existing text from the Find what and Replace with boxes.
3. Click in the Find what box.
4. Press key combinations such as CTRL+U, CTRL+I, or CTRL+B to move through underline, italic, or bold formatting choices. Each time you press the key combination, the format changes. When you select an existing format, such as Bold, it changes to its opposite (Not Bold). Selecting it again clears the option completely.
5. Click in the Replace with box.
6. Repeat step 4 to select the format you want to apply.
7. Click the Find Next, Replace, or Replace All button.
Note:
I would like add a small clarification for step 6 (if you are as silly as I am, probably it is easy to understand from the instructions but I missed the point).
I thought it is fairly straight forward.
CTRL+U in "Find"
CTRL+I in "Replace"
click Replace All and that it is. No! It converted all underlined text to Italic, yes, but it was left underlined nonetheless.

To convert it from underlined to italic
In "Replace" click CTRL+U twice, so it says "No underline" beneath "Replace with" command line. Then click CTRL+I.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:08 PM   #24
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timoleon View Post
astra,

You might also give the free Interparse4 a try. I think it will do what you want.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ht=Interparse4
Thanks anyway!
Old 08-30-2009, 06:38 AM   #25
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
No, I didn't write it. I honestly don't know remember where I got it from - I've had it for years. It's mainly of use for processing PG files. It removes unnecessary line breaks so you get continous paragraphs and will also optionally convert the text file to simple HTML, putting in paragraph tags and replacing simple markup such as _X_ and *X* with italic and bold respectively.

I find it a very useful program; it's normally the tool I start off using when I begin to create a book from a PG text file.
Try http://sno2.iwarp.com/ebook-faq/documents/textify.html

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote