Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-17-2013, 10:32 PM   #1786
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool agreeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I'm agreeing with you again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
Glad I can give you two something to agree on!
As it should be!

Last edited by alansplace; 03-18-2013 at 11:03 AM. Reason: oops!
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #1787
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Kara Gillian series by Diana Rowland

I just finished reading the 3rd book in Diana Rowland's Kara Gillian series, Secrets of the Demon and it turned out to be the best in the series thus far as it really added a lot to the overall series arc as well as telling a suspenseful and exciting free-standing story. Kara even has her own version of Butters who it turns out used to be an Olympic level gymnast, now a CSI tech!. Kara is kinda' Murphy with arcane talents. Kara Gillian is almost as much fun as Harry Dresden and I'm looking forward to reading the rest of this series. In fact, I'll begin reading the 4th book, Sins of the Demon right now! Three cheers for Diana Rowland and Kara Gillian!!!

Last edited by alansplace; 03-18-2013 at 02:12 PM. Reason: oops!
Old 03-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #1788
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
I just finished reading the 3rd book in Diana Rowland's Kara Gillian series, Secrets of the Demon and it turned out to be the best in the series thus far as it really added a lot to the overall series arc as well as telling a suspenseful and exciting free-standing story. Kara even has her own version of Butters who it turns out used to be an Olympic level gymnast, now a CSI tech!. Kara is kinda' Murphy with arcane talents. Kara Gillian is almost as much fun as Harry Dresden and I'm looking forward to reading the rest of this series. In fact, I'll begin reading the 4th book, Sins of the Demon right now! Three cheers for Diana Rowland and Kara Gillian!!!

I really liked the series up to and including the fourth book. The fifth book, Touch of the Demon, led the series in a completely different (and imho disappointing) direction.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:45 PM   #1789
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool a different direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
I really liked the series up to and including the fourth book. The fifth book, Touch of the Demon, led the series in a completely different (and imho disappointing) direction.
DRAT! Here's hoping that when I get to the 5th book it doesn't disappoint me as much as it did you. This series seems so promising at this point.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:10 PM   #1790
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
DRAT! Here's hoping that when I get to the 5th book it doesn't disappoint me as much as it did you. This series seems so promising at this point.

Well, I'll be curious as to what you think
Old 03-19-2013, 03:02 PM   #1791
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool stuff

Quote:
This is for the folks who haven't seen it!
[video removed]
This is not a particularly good copy, but you can get better from here if you so desire.
I watched it on my Kindle Fire 2nd Gen (7") and it looked fine. I decided it wasn't 'a particularly good copy' when I started viewing it on a 22" computer monitor.

Quote:
Well, I'll be curious as to what you think
Sure, I'll post something when I've read it.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:50 PM   #1792
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
I'm here! What did I miss? Oh.

I don't do graphic novels but I may have to start if we don't get a release date soon.

Right now I'm curious how Jersysman is getting along with Stormfront.

Been thinking about Nathan Fillion a lot lately. Can't imagine why.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:48 AM   #1793
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool MIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post

I don't do graphic novels but I may have to start if we don't get a release date soon.

Wow! Glad you're back. I don't do graphic novels either, but it's Dresden Files news. While you were MIA we've had a couple of short flurries of activity. Haven't yet heard a report from jersysman. Keep your mind off of Caleb errr...Captain Reynolds errr..Captain Hammer errr...Castle!

Last edited by alansplace; 03-21-2013 at 01:52 AM. Reason: oops!
Old 03-21-2013, 11:16 AM   #1794
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Guess who has a brand new account at Comixology? Now if I can just get my tablet to act right. Might be time to do some housekeeping on it.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:34 PM   #1795
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Kara Gillian series by Diana Rowland

Quote:
Quote:
Ok, going to start the 5th one next, boy the 4th one certainly ended in a cliff hanger!

Old 03-21-2013, 03:40 PM   #1796
treadlightly
Wizard

Quote:
Ok, going to start the 5th one next, boy the 4th one certainly ended in a cliff hanger!

It did indeed! Maybe my expectations for the resolution to the cliffhanger inflated during the wait between releases.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:41 PM   #1797
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Comixology!?

Quote:
Guess who has a brand new account at Comixology? Now if I can just get my tablet to act right. Might be time to do some housekeeping on it.
Comixology!? Never heard of it. Lemme' look ... Well the prices aren't bad, maybe I'll try it, I have a Fire, maybe I should read comics on it?

Old 03-21-2013, 03:42 PM   #1798
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool I ain't gonna' wait!

Quote:
It did indeed! Maybe my expectations for the resolution to the cliffhanger inflated during the wait between releases.
Well, I do have the advantage of not having to wait.

Old 03-21-2013, 04:10 PM   #1799
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Comixology!? Never heard of it. Lemme' look ... Well the prices aren't bad, maybe I'll try it, I have a Fire, maybe I should read comics on it?

The app works well on my 10" Iconia, and on my phone (4.3" screen). On the phone, it does this neat panel-by-panel, and on the odd-size panels, it first zooms to the dialog then the next tap zooms out... Not explaining well, but I'm trying to say that the Comixology Comics Android app should work well on a variety of screen sizes. I've never done digital comics or graphic novels before so this is kind of new to me. (I recently got a few freebies from Marvel in anticipation of them opening their #1s giveaway again, but haven't looked at those yet.)

I bought all three issues. Only read the first few pages of #1 but liked what I saw.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:05 PM   #1800
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:

I'm doing well Christa with Storm Front. I am still getting to know Harry. I do know that I will give the next book a chance and put it on my TBR for later on.

jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy