Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 05-29-2013, 06:38 PM   #16
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
...Ebooks are not large.
Unfortunately, it depends.
I've bought about 900 books from Amazon.
But I only can load ca. 650 on my Paperwhite.
The rest is way too big:
Travel companions, due to the photos and maps.
Comics (Dilbert and Garfield).
Those easily have 50 or even 100MB each.
And then 2GB really is nothing.
Paperwhite, with its 2GB instead of the 4GB on former Kindles, is my first reader where I have to worry about memory.
First of all, I send books that I have read to the archive. Normally I'd keep them, but I can live with that.
Last but not least, I simply don't download books larger than 1 or 2MB. It's a pity, but those are more fun on Kindle Fire HD (= color) anyway, so I can live with that as well.
Still, I wish they would have granted 4GB. How much more would the price have been for another 2GB? 10 Euro?

Having said that: Paperwhite still is a great reader!

Last edited by mgmueller; 05-30-2013 at 06:35 AM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:04 AM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Sure, I agree with you that for the type of book you describe, size can be an issue. But if you use the PW primarily for novels, then (IMHO) the storage space is entirely adequate.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2013, 06:33 PM   #18
DonalDuck
The Changer
DonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-books

Device: None
Again, sorry for taking so long to come back to you. Althought I understand what you are saying, Harry, I have to go with mgmueller - reference books and books with over 1000 pages (and a considerable amount of pictures, though not many), between others, tend to take up quite some space, but, as other kindle users have done, I think I'll use something as Dropbox, Box or SugarSync and hope it all goes for the better

DD
DonalDuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glo, kindle, kobo, paperwhite, pdf